Value of: Shattenkirk to the NYR

cwgatti

Mar 3, 2006
The NYR have a glut of Forwards.
Shatty isn't gonna re-sign there.
What would it take for the NYR to pry Shatty from the Blues?

I am thinking Zuccarello or Kreider...

Your thought?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Shattrnkirk is so last summer.

Rangers appear to have their eggs in the Trouba basket right now.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Rangers would be wise to simply wait til next year to sign him without giving away anyone. Also they cannot have too many defenseman signed without losing 1 to expansion.

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015
And the Rangers trade their 2023 1st round pick and [other assets] for Kevin Shattenkirk

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The NYR have a glut of Forwards.
Shatty isn't gonna re-sign there.
What would it take for the NYR to pry Shatty from the Blues?

I am thinking Zuccarello or Kreider...

Your thought?

No need to move assets for Shattenkirk, As it sounds like he wants to sign with the Rangers any ways. Unless he's traded to Boston and they extend him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Rangers will be competing with tons of teams for Trouba, The odds that the Rangers have the pieces outside of McDonagh isn't that great i doubt a deal around Brady Skjei would entice Cheveldayoff.

True...but it keeps the Shattenkirk to NYR threads to a minimum. They all devolve into "bro, just get him from FA".

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Rangers will be competing with tons of teams for Trouba, The odds that the Rangers have the pieces outside of McDonagh isn't that great i doubt a deal around Brady Skjei would entice Cheveldayoff.
The Rangers have the pieces,they just wont deal them for a pending FA.Gorton isnt stupid enough

cwgatti

Mar 3, 2006
I feel Trouba will be way too expensive. I also feel that the NYR will not wait for next summer. Seeing how Hank's window is "closing", I think they will go for the cheaper option in Shatty. With the additions this summer, the glut at forward, I believe Zuccarello may be the chip the NYR use.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I thought i saw Brooks tweet, That Gorton doesn't want to give big money to Shattenkirk and really doesn't want to trade for him. I could see Gorton going after Trouba more so then Shatty.

Wouldn't this type of rhetoric kinda sour Shattenkirk's desires to play there?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Definitely wouldn't move Kreider in a Shattenkirk trade. Or Trouba.

As a matter of fact I'd rather stay away from both of them.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Pass. Gorton is all about getting younger and the Rangers are trying to get Trouba. If that happens, it's highly doubtful there will be pieces left over to trade for Shattenkirk and at this point they might as well wait for free agency to see how serious he is about being a Ranger.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
What would we even give up for Trouba?

Miller and Skjei??? No thanks. Trouba kinda sucks.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I feel Trouba will be way too expensive. I also feel that the NYR will not wait for next summer. Seeing how Hank's window is "closing", I think they will go for the cheaper option in Shatty. With the additions this summer, the glut at forward, I believe Zuccarello may be the chip the NYR use.

Both are going to be expensive either way.If you are going to try and aquire 1,go for the younger player with the higher ceiling.No guarantee Trouba hits his ceiling but i would rather take my chance on him rather then Shattenkirk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad