Rumor: Shattenkirk for Krejci?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Cherry pickin'.

Anybody can look at a playoff season and make a claim while overlooking the overall.

By the logic above Crosby and Malkin suck in the playoffs.

If looking at 2013.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Yeah, doubt this is true at all. For a green GM to start asking players to waive NMC it probably not going to help to attract free agents.

Only way this works is if Krejci requests it.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Cherry pickin'.

Anybody can look at a playoff season and make a claim while overlooking the overall.

If looking at 2013.

Cherry picking? Ummmm, no. Is anyone saying Krejci sucks in the playoffs? Nope. Just 2013. And it's not really debatable.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yeah, doubt this is true at all. For a green GM to start asking players to waive NMC it probably not going to help to attract free agents.

Only way this works is if Krejci requests it.

Whatever makes the team better, we as fans, hope the GM is exploring every option.

$$$ will always allure free agents, I doubt asking a player to waive is going to deter any prospective ones from coming here. Continuing to lose, that's a different story. We still have some time to make a move... right?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Lol, this place is hilarious. "Krejci doesn't step up in the playoffs". His regular season points-per-game average is .76 and his playoff average is .83.

moonshot summit

Jun 30, 2015
Halifax, NS
Cherry pickin'.

If looking at 2013.

People are only bringing up Krejci because apparently Shattenkirk was horrible (I don't care if he was scratched. Hitchcock is guilty of some horrible player mismanagement) during the most recent playoffs, and that makes him garbage.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Yes, and we had it about 7 years before that, but the defenseman' name was Keith Yandle.

:) That's true. I remember it well. I think we had it twice. I was against it the first time. Then, when Seguin was in the fold I was for it, with the idea that Seguin would move into Krejci's role.

For the record, I'd be okay with Krejci for Shattenkirk, but I don't think the Blues would go for it. They're a budget team and that move would put them over. I also think they'd prefer a young center to grow up with the young dynamic wingers they have there, and that's not DK46. Spooner maybe, but my guess is the B's want to see if they can sign Vesey before they start to deal off roster players.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
I would take a run at MYERS before SHATTENKIRK

Younger, cost controlled for much longer and there's a good possibility CHARA would have a huge positive influence on him, he still has decent upside IMHO.

SPOONER, SUBBAN, MORROW and a pick (not a first rounder) for MYERS and PETAN might be doable.

PETAN does not have SPOONER's O but his skill-set is very suitable to be a prototypical third line centre IMHO.

Sign VESEY, extend MARCHAND and let's get started.

MARCHAND-BERGERON-PASTRNAK
VATRANO-KRECJI-BACKES
BELESKEY-PETAN-HAYES
VESEY-NASH/ACCAIRI-RANDELL

CHARA-MYERS
KRUG-K. MILLER
LILES-MCQUAID/C.MILLER

RASK
KHUDOBIN

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Younger, cost controlled for much longer and there's a good possibility CHARA would have a huge positive influence on him, he still has decent upside IMHO.

SPOONER, SUBBAN, MORROW and a pick (not a first rounder) for MYERS and PETAN might be doable.

PETAN does not have SPOONER's O but his skill-set is very suitable to be a prototypical third line centre IMHO.

VATRANO-KRECJI-BACKES
BELESKEY-PETAN-HAYES

CHARA-MYERS
KRUG-K. MILLER
LILES-MCQUAID/C.MILLER

RASK
KHUDOBIN

I doubt that would make Jets fans happy. Also, Petan has always been better offensively than Spooner and I would say he has the potential to be thant at the NHL level too.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Literally not one person has stated this.

Not me. I'd rather my players step it up when it matters and not completely disappear they way he did. To say he was mediocre is being way too kind.

You sure 'bout that? This guy didn't want Krejci in ANY postseason because of one bad run.

Marchand had 0 goals that same postseason. Maybe they should trade him, too? Hell, Bergeron sucked against Washington, ditch him.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
You sure 'bout that? This guy didn't want Krejci in ANY postseason because of one bad run.

Marchand had 0 goals that same postseason. Maybe they should trade him, too? Hell, Bergeron sucked against Washington, ditch him.

If I remember right, there were quite a few people want Marchand gone, now everyone is happy to pay him 7x7.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008

Where are the quotes for that?

Everyone knows of Krejci's playoff heroics. Everyone's also seen him disappear at times too. People can say that about all players, but we are looking for ways to use our assets to improve the team. I'd move anyone if it meant the team was better for it.

Krejci is a great player, but absolutely no one is untouchable, and if there was one on our team, it shouldn't be him.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Actually that's precisely what was being said.

I mentioned that Krejci is a big time playoff performer. Then the argument against that statement was a couple of series' where he didn't shine.

Well rhetorically speaking, IS Krejci a big playoff performer? Or WAS he? Honest question. I think the correct statement would be that Krejci CAN be a playoff performer. Just like Tuukka Rask CAN be a top 3 goalie in the league. Those are both realistic and logical reasons to keep them or also why they'd be valuable assets. The question of whether they will reach those expectations are why people can be cautious (both in our fan base and around the league) . Replace Rask or Krejci with anyone else's name on this team/league and we still have expectations of said player. Some players bars are just higher.

If Marchand is resigned, I expect the same expectations and scrutiny placed on him. It's what happens when players are paid a lot.

As with any player, we hope any of them will be reach our expectations. Some are known to be big playoff performers. That's with the assumption we are actually in the playoffs.

Don Cherry*

VATRANO-KRECJI-BACKES
BELESKEY-PETAN-HAYES

CHARA-MYERS
KRUG-K. MILLER
LILES-MCQUAID/C.MILLER

RASK
KHUDOBIN

I think the Chara influence might be a positive. I could also see us being instantly down on him for not crushing everyone like a walnut at every opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad