Rumor: Shattenkirk for Krejci?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Is 7 million per really #1 money? I just don't know.
PK Subban is at $9 million per and Shea Weber at $7.8 ....

Since only 7 Dmen in the league have 7M or more cap hits, I easily say that 7M is #1 money.

As for Shattenkirk, I would give him a Yandle extendion at 44.45M/7y (6.35M cap hit) good for 13th best paid in the league.

Having another top offensive D to help Krug would do wonder for the offense/PP/transition.

Let's trade Spooner+ for an extended Shattenkirk.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Since only 7 Dmen in the league have 7M or more cap hits, I easily say that 7M is #1 money.

As for Shattenkirk, I would give him a Yandle extendion at 44.45M/7y (6.35M cap hit) good for 13th best paid in the league.

Having another top offensive D to help Krug would do wonder for the offense/PP/transition.

Let's trade Spooner+ for an extended Shattenkirk.

How are contracts signed years ago relevant?

Good luck re-signing Doughty or Karlsson to contracts with a 7 million AAV.

No.1 money in today's marketplace is anywhere between 8.0 and 9.5 million.

This is like people saying Marchand should take the same deal as Bergeron. Why should he accept a deal using a contract signed with a 64 million cap as a comparable?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

This is like people saying Marchand should take the same deal as Bergeron. Why should he accept a deal using a contract signed with a 64 million cap as a comparable?

For sure, top Dmen will gun for Subban 9M. Some may get it. Others won't. Stamkos accepted 2M less than Toews/Kane. Same for Hedman who signed under 8.

What I really meant is that I wouldn't give Shattenkirk 7M per. A Yandle deal would be just fine to me tough (6.35M).

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Regarding Krejci for Shatty, it's probably a moot point, the Blues (or any team) would have certainly have some concern regarding the hip & the recent injury history along with a hefty salary and term.

Looked at another way...does them adding Krejci and deleting Shattenkirk win that conference finals for them in 2016?

IMO, no.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
For sure, top Dmen will gun for Subban 9M. Some may get it. Others won't. Stamkos accepted 2M less than Toews/Kane. Same for Hedman who signed under 8.

What I really meant is that I wouldn't give Shattenkirk 7M per. A Yandle deal would be just fine to me tough (6.35M).

Agree, the Yandle deal to me is a decent comparable. But I wouldn't have a huge issue with Shattenkirk at 6.5 to even 6.75.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I remember reading that Sweeney asked EVERY player with an NMC to give a list of teams they would accept a trade to. Not because they are exploring trading everyone, just that they have options or not.

You can always ask, I guess. If I was Krejci, I'd say you're asking me to give up something that I agreed upon in my contract. No thanks. No list. A NTC, means no trade. Anywhere...

While some players can be talked into it...doesn't sound like Krejci from what he said. But...worth a shot, I guess.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Regarding Krejci for Shatty, it's probably a moot point, the Blues (or any team) would have certainly have some concern regarding the hip & the recent injury history along with a hefty salary and term.

Looked at another way...does them adding Krejci and deleting Shattenkirk win that conference finals for them in 2016?

IMO, no.

I think it would have. Krejci's impact in the playoffs is massive.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine

Because Patrice Bergeron is better than him.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If this deal happens, I'm returning the keys to the person who feeds me my Blues information :yo:
Are they're still considering moving shatenkirk in a deal with Boston or do you get the sense that they're more likely to resign him now that they aren't as squeezed by the cap and maybe aren't so thrilled Sweeny swept in so quick on Backes?

Don Cherry*

I think it would have. Krejci's impact in the playoffs is massive.

Hmmm. He didn't look too massive the last time we made the playoffs. Pretty much an uninterested no-show. Maybe for the Blues he would have been? Sure would like to see his show move to St. Louis.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
True, and Patrice Bergeron is better than David Krejci, yet Krejci has a higher AAV.

Any chance of a "Bergeron cap" went out the window with the Krejci contract.

Do you think Marchand is worth more than 8yrs / 6.875Mil per? Regardless of when his contract is signed vs when Bergy's was signed?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Do you think Marchand is worth more than 8yrs / 6.875Mil per? Regardless of when his contract is signed vs when Bergy's was signed?

I can only compare Marchand's worth based on the current marketplace.

So if Jamie Benn (who I am a big fan of, maybe my favorite non-Bruin forward) is worth 9.5 million AAV, Marchand is worth 7.0 million AAV at minimum.

So to answer your question, yes I do.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
You can always ask, I guess. If I was Krejci, I'd say you're asking me to give up something that I agreed upon in my contract. No thanks. No list. A NTC, means no trade. Anywhere...

While some players can be talked into it...doesn't sound like Krejci from what he said. But...worth a shot, I guess.

It's all speculation from either side. So all we have is what is reported. Player interviews should be taken with a grain of salt, and everyone should be aware of GM speak.

More often than not, when there's smoke, someone is at least trying to make a fire.

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
I love krejci but probably do this deal if shattenkirk can be talked to and signed. Bergy krejci backes is a great group of centers for 2016-2019 or so but 20 million bucks for 3 older centers not a great long term mix.

Shattenkirk fills an extreme need and allows you a better mix of ages and contracts at center with spooner staying and keen Krejci going. I don't mean talent mix, spooner no keen I.

I love krejci but you gotta give to get, I would root hard for him to finally stay healthy and light it up with tarasenko and get Saint Louis to a cup final.

I doubt krejci waives for Saint Louis and I hope krejci explodes here, really love him. But if I can move his contract, get back a good rd, and sign a younger shattenkirk to high but reasonable extension I do it. Sorry David.

For what it's worth I am iffy on this trade, no sure thing. But if I could trade him for trouba would do that without hesitation.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I don't think it's fair 1 for 1, but I don't mind the trade as a basis. I'm not a fan of having all of Backes (32), Bergeron (31), Krejci (30) signed for the next 5 years at big money. All best utilized at C IMO. If you're going all in these next couple of seasons with a legit contender, fine, but that's clearly not the case.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
The horrible oft injured Krejci had 18 more points than Backes last year and both end with a plus 4, one on a top team in the league the other on a non playoff team. The idea of Backes taking the number two center position and shipping Krejci out is mind numbing. ShatttenKirk is an upgrade on our terrible defence but will cost us 7million or close to it on an extension. It makes our team worse, plain and simple.

We'd be much better off standing pat and giving some of the younger D a chance, keep Krejci and use Backes as a RWer and third line center as required..

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Hmmm. He didn't look too massive the last time we made the playoffs. Pretty much an uninterested no-show. Maybe for the Blues he would have been? Sure would like to see his show move to St. Louis.

Sure he had a mediocre playoff, Nobody is perfect every run, but I know I'd rather have Krejci than not in the playoffs.

Don Cherry*

Sure he had a mediocre playoff, Nobody is perfect every run, but I know I'd rather have Krejci than not in the playoffs.

Not me. I'd rather my players step it up when it matters and not completely disappear they way he did. To say he was mediocre is being way too kind.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not me. I'd rather my players step it up when it matters and not completely disappear they way he did. To say he was mediocre is being way too kind.

Shame on Krejci for that uninspired vanishing act he pulled in 2011 and 2013 when he lead the playoffs in scoring.

Not to mention 2010 when he was Boston's best player that playoff until Richards broke his wrist. Double, triple shame on Krejci, that lousy no-show. :sarcasm:

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012

This. Someone call me when Krejci leads all players in playoff scoring. Then call me when he does it again.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Shame on Krejci for that uninspired vanishing act he pulled in 2011 and 2013 when he lead the playoffs in scoring.

Not to mention 2010 when he was Boston's best player that playoff until Richards broke his wrist. Double, triple shame on Krejci, that lousy no-show. :sarcasm:

Agreed. However, 2014 left the worst taste in my mouth. I was so bitterly disappointed with him vs Plekanec, literally owned him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Agreed. However, 2014 left the worst taste in my mouth. I was so bitterly disappointed with him vs Plekanec, literally owned him.

Agree, he wasn't very good.

But let's be honest, his two line-mates didn't help much. Iginla by that point in the season was running on fumes and getting little done 5 on 5, and Lucic was too focused on Dale Weasel and crushing Habs, only the Habs could see hits big hits coming a mile away and would just quickly move the puck and side-step the incoming Lucic hit. That line as a whole was so ineffective in the Hab series Julien should of seen it and reshuffled the deck. That being said Krejci's ineffectiveness was a big part, he's always been the straw that stirs the drink on his line.

By game 6 onward the entire team pretty much pooped the bed, so he wasn't exactly the only one who was a disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad