Rumor: Sharks working on Evander Kane trade, will eat 50%

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Evander Kane is eligible to return as of November 30th.

What do the SJ shark do? do they sit him out?

Do they put him in the lineup to trade value?

Do they retain 50%?

Do they look for a 3rd team and try to get double retention? because at 1.75 million he's tradeable for sure.

I believe there would be a market for Evander Kane because he is a legitimate top 6 forward and everybody wants that.

I know his character will be brought up but I believe that character doesn't matter at the top level, pro sports have proved that over and over again Antonio Brown, OBJ, Tony Deangelo are all recent examples that prove if you have talent your character is secondary.

Evander Kane is without question a talented player that talent will create a market.

What's next for him?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Evander Kane is eligible to return as of November 30th.

What do the SJ shark do? do they sit him out?

Do they put him in the lineup to trade value?

Do they retain 50%?

Do they look for a 3rd team and try to get double retention? because at 1.75 million he's tradeable for sure.

I believe there would be a market for Evander Kane because he is a legitimate top 6 forward and everybody wants that.

I know his character will be brought up but I believe that character doesn't matter at the top level, pro sports have proved that over and over again Antonio Brown, OBJ, Tony Deangelo are all recent examples that prove if you have talent your character is secondary.

Evander Kane is without question a talented player that talent will create a market.

What's next for him?
What team(s) would be interested and have cap space to fit him.
I don’t think there will be too many interested teams… a couple sure, but then take into account his cap hit and that number gets lower… and lastly, take into account his M-NTC where he lists 3 teams he’ll accept a trade to… I think San Jose is stuck with him

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The guy is making a lot of money and is a really good player. I think they'll likely have some internal discussions about what's been going on but in the end I would be very surprised if he wasn't in the lineup when eligible.

Maybe if the players have really soured on him but I have a hard time believing that they'd just tell him to sit and send him his cheque.

Reactions: Habsrule

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Athansiou + Maata + conditional 2nd (based on goals Kane scores, if he does not reach it becomes Pittsburgh's 3rd) for Kane ($1M retained to balance out salaries)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What team(s) would be interested and have cap space to fit him.
I don’t think there will be too many interested teams… a couple sure, but then take into account his cap hit and that number gets lower… and lastly, take into account his M-NTC

I think SJ is taking back salary regradless of where he goes when I think of teams that could be interested I have a few.

Calgary purely talent reasons

Carolina character doesn't matter to them they signed Tony Deangelo.

Edmonton just for pure talent reasons Kane and Mcdavid together.

Toronto let me make it clear I don't want him here and it would require double retention but the fact remains they do need a LW to play with Matthews and Marner Nick Ritchie has not fi there.

TB because TB is always loading up.

Vegas see TB

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think SJ is taking back salary regradless of where he goes when I think of teams that could be interested I have a few.

Toronto let me make it clear I don't want him hereand it would require double retention but the fact remains they do need a LW to play with Matthews and Marner Nick Ritchie has not fi there.

Vegas see TB

I don't think Calgary is looking for another LW.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Toronto let me make it clear I don't want him hereand it would require double retention but the fact remains they do need a LW to play with Matthews and Marner Nick Ritchie has not fi there.

Vegas see TB
My god….. Kane and McDavid together would be frightening

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Hes got 21+ coming to him

Its not pro-rated if he's sent to the AHL.

He will report.

Teams will do their due diligence on him and make all the right comments when they acquire him.

As far as the game goes, he's solid and can score.

Keep his head on straight and he could be a good add at the deadline.

SJ will have to retain. 25% should net them a decent return.

5.25 per for Evander is a nice add

All of the above is assuming he gets his shit together

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino