GDT: Sharks vs Panthers 2/18/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
While I'm not thrilled with the final score I have to remind myself that we are missing the team's #1center, best defensive Dman, veteran Dman that is a leader on the ice, proven sniper, and our fastest skater. That's 25% of the starting team (27%if you don't count the goaltenders ).

As long as we can keep accumulating points during this injury stretch I have to be satisified.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I thought we should have won. We had plenty of great chances. Could have easily been 4 or 5-0 at one point. We also played well defensively. Looks like the team is getting back on track defensively.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
with the shape of the lineup right now, I'll take a point every night especially against playoff caliber teams. Just need to tread water at a 5 in 5 pace the rest of the way to make the playoffs. 6 of the last 8 games (all without Barkov) have been against teams currently in the playoffs or tied for a WC slot. The key is to avoid a long regulation losing streak and so far the team has done that.

luckily the schedule softens up exponentially over the next 7 games with only one playoff team in that stretch. Hopefully Panthers can get 2 from a struggling WPG with the patchwork lineup and go on a bit of a run to rebuild that lead in the division once Barkov and Gudbranson return

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
It was a defensive game and Montoya played a fantastic one for the second game in a row. I thought we deserved a better fate too as we had some very close changes. I felt bad for Trocheck missing on the two or three breakaways.

The refs were not to blame for the final outcome, but were ridiculous again. With that call in the 2nd Period, it was right in front of me at the game. I think it was Marleau that got hit in the face as the puck went up the air and and high-sticking was called. Then, the call on Trocheck in overtime was completely awful. I don't think I've heard the arena so loud against the refs in a long time.

I think if we overall play like that tomorrow, we'll get a win. It's not easy when you're missing five or six regulars including your best center and two defensemen.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
It was a defensive game and Montoya played a fantastic one for the second game in a row. I thought we deserved a better fate too as we had some very close changes. I felt bad for Trocheck missing on the two or three breakaways.

The refs were not to blame for the final outcome, but were ridiculous again. With that call in the 2nd Period, it was right in front of me at the game. I think it was Marleau that got hit in the face as the puck went up the air and and high-sticking was called. Then, the call on Trocheck in overtime was completely awful. I don't think I've heard the arena so loud against the refs in a long time.

I think if we overall play like that tomorrow, we'll get a win. It's not easy when you're missing five or six regulars including your best center and two defensemen.
you forgot the bogus hooking call.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I thought we should have won. We had plenty of great chances. Could have easily been 4 or 5-0 at one point. We also played well defensively. Looks like the team is getting back on track defensively.
Yep. I thought we played great defensively. The offense was there too. I got to give the Sharks and their goaltender some credit.

ebulldog

Mar 25, 2015
After awhile, they all blend together and are expected. Sitting in the lower bowl in person gives you a whole different perception than watching on TV. There are more missed calls for both teams in any given game than one can imagine.

NHL really needs to look at the officiating crews. The refs this season have been horrid and not just in Panther games. I watch a lot of games and listen to NHL radio and its almost a daily discussion about the missed and phantom calls. I thought the whole point of 2 refs was in part to cut down on missed and bad calls. The call on Trocheck last night was brutal and then to have the ref tell Tro to "shut the F up" was just more of an insult. How 2 refs can miss so many penalties and then call penalties when there shouldn't be, really needs to be addressed.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
NHL really needs to look at the officiating crews. The refs this season have been horrid and not just in Panther games. I watch a lot of games and listen to NHL radio and its almost a daily discussion about the missed and phantom calls. I thought the whole point of 2 refs was in part to cut down on missed and bad calls. The call on Trocheck last night was brutal and then to have the ref tell Tro to "shut the F up" was just more of an insult. How 2 refs can miss so many penalties and then call penalties when there shouldn't be, really needs to be addressed.

The refs are out of control indeed:
https://streamable.com/qz16

ebulldog

Mar 25, 2015
The refs are out of control indeed:
https://streamable.com/qz16

And you wonder why he got tossed??

Winnipeg's Bryan Little hurt his neck late in the second period and needed assistance off the ice before heading to the locker room. It appeared Hedman made contact in the neutral zone with Little, who looked like he lost his balance and lowered his head before getting hit by Anton Stralman.
Little didn't return.
Blake Wheeler went after Stralman and was given 4 minutes for roughing. Stralman got a 2-minute roughing penalty.
It was announced at the start of the third period that Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice, who had a heated discussion with officials after the Little play, had been given a game misconduct. A minor penalty to the Winnipeg bench was assessed in the second period.
Maurice said he was not happy with the demeanour of the officials.
"I was upset because you work with these guys every day," Maurice said. "You care about them, you care about their wives, their families. Bryan Little is getting his neck X-rayed and I seem to be considerably more concerned about the result of that hit than anyone else."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad