Rumor: Sharks talking with Couture on extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
5x5 w/NTC is my guess..He took a "cut" his last deal.A 2.2mil raise isnt out of the question..Besides, Logan isn't looking to break the bank, not his style. When Juicy turns 28/29 then he'll get the 6mil+ pay day that he will more than likely have earned..This is still "JT's team" and Couture wont make more than JT, yet..

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He'll probably be asking for more than that; something along the lines of ~$6M

And he deserves it...I'm hoping that DW will go the long term route w/ Couture and give him the same deal (or something very close) as Jeff Skinner or Jordan Eberle, both are pretty good comparables. Considering who Couture's agent is I'd imagine this is going to be a pretty easy one for DW.

I'd be willing to get they're also negotiating an extension with Pavelski as well - if they can get those two locked up long term for less then $12mil total I'd be absolutely thrilled!!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm sure we'll have an announcement on July 5th about this. 8 years, 48 million dollars with an NMC.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Good to hear. Gotta wonder if it means a vet could be on the way out though. :dunno:

Not needed this year, but it is obvious one of (if not more) thornton, markeau, boyle, pavs will be gone in 2014-15 season when the contracts expire. If couture gets anything more then 5.5 good bye marleau or thornton i believe.

Boyle in my opinion is 100% gone either this offseason or next year at the deadline or they just let him walk.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Would Cooch be ok taking anything less than what Hall/Eberle are making (6M AAV)?

I was thinking in the same range. DW is a good GM so maybe something like 5 years at 5.75 M AAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad