Speculation: Sharks Talk III (Trades, Roster Talk, Etc.)

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 2m

Wingels on deadline: "If someone is brought in or out we’ll take it as it is but I don’t think we’re expecting too much to happen” #SJSharks

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Ehrhoff would be playing left side. Trading Boyle leaves a huge hole on the right side.

No it wouldn't. This would be our top 4:

Vlasic - Demers
Ehrhoff - Braun

3rd pairing would be any combination of Stuart/Hannan/Irwin/another D via trade.

Boyle already is pretty much a 3rd pairing dman on ES (based on qual comp) and Ehrhoff replaces Boyle as a PP dman.

Pavs/Demers/Braun/Ehrhoff would duke it out to be the PP point men.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
No it wouldn't. This would be our top 4:

Vlasic - Demers
Ehrhoff - Braun

3rd pairing would be any combination of Stuart/Hannan/Irwin/another D via trade.

Boyle already is pretty much a 3rd pairing dman on ES (based on qual comp) and Ehrhoff replaces Boyle as a PP dman.

Pavs/Demers/Braun/Ehrhoff would duke it out to be the PP point men.

Not too hot on rolling with Hannan-Stuart during the playoffs. Boyle on a third pairing against weak competition is a god send.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Not too hot on rolling with Hannan-Stuart during the playoffs. Boyle on a third pairing against weak competition is a god send.

Pick up a depth dman. Those are easy to come by.
Point is - Boyle's perceived value greater than reality. If we do land Ehrhoff, we need Boyle even less and he is a pending UFA.

Might as well get some value for him.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 15s
I am hearing NYR and Ryan Callahan are inching towards a contract agreement but they're not there...yet. #TSN #Tradecentre

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Pick up a depth dman. Those are easy to come by.
Point is - Boyle's perceived value greater than reality. If we do land Ehrhoff, we need Boyle even less and he is a pending UFA.

Might as well get some value for him.

I have never understood this mindset for a team that's contending for a cup.

Moves should only be made if they are going to improve the team.

Boyle isn't nearly as bad as many seem to think. The D that needs to be replaced/upgraded are Stuart/Hannan/Irwin. Moving a RD for a LD is going to be a sideways move.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
I'll be concerned about our PO chances if we don't land a top 4 Dman

This team will one again not make it past the second round as is imo. Unfortunately I don't know if we're going to be able to outbid other teams for Ehrhoff.

RitzyLunatic

Aug 23, 2013
Porto, Portugal
I'll laugh if they just put Burns back to D and trade Irwin for pick(s).

That'll put them with $22,500 in cap space.

Hope Burish/Brown being out means we're showcasing someone. Would be great to get the scouts watching our game today and compare them with the ones that were in NJ.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Boyle isn't nearly as bad as many seem to think. The D that needs to be replaced/upgraded are Stuart/Hannan/Irwin. Moving a RD for a LD is going to be a sideways move.

I agree. Its not like the Sharks are a fringe playoff team either.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

Yup. It would be the same problem we have now.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
We can agree to disagree. I think Boyle is overrated based on this year's play.

If we land Ehrhoff, Boyle gets pushed down to the #5 dman. If we can still keep him, wonderful but if we need space, deal him.

Would rather have Boyle than the Whites, Huskins, and and Wallins of the league.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Niemi is playing himself off the team with all his softies. Plus, I'm sure the coaching staff likes that Stalock is practically a PMD back there.

Now we could only add a LH PMD to our lineup... preferably one we used to have until we cap dumped....

Can we move Stalock to D? :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad