Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2016-17: Meier reassigned 4/23/17

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Joe Will seems like the type of guy that lets that thing happen on the spot but tells his wife how conflicted his morals are after the fact.

Good guy Joe Will.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I am not sure why people are confused about heed not playing tonight.

I am sure it is not a good thing for a defensemen to play his 1st nhl game without a single practice.

-And on the 2nd night of back to backs since he played a game in the AHL last night.
-And playing an opponent who is dominating right now.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Well (knowing that Heed isn't waiver eligible) now I'm even more pissed that Mueller was called up instead of Heed.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Just like how I can't figure out why we still have the rights to several players like Galimov, Sateri, and Tarasov (and they are included in the official Sharks prospect report PDF file) even though we shouldn't (though I suppose that has to do with international agreements and quirks with the KHL)

Sateri, Tarasov...We hold their nhl rights until they reach UFA age, 27.

The Galimovs, Rods of the list are considered defected players, and we hold their rights for 4 years after being drafted.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
O'Regan being in the lineup means that more offense trickles down throughout the team, meaning the depth players benefit more.

except none of that really happens and the depth players suck more and more. ah forget it, not getting into it!

I'm just gonna say maybe oreganomics is the opposite of reaganomics, and production trickles up (that actually works in real life and in hockey).

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Who here has actually watched him at length? Any Cuda fans want to give a brief breakdown of what has made him effective at the AHL level so far? What does he bring in his toolbox?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Who here has actually watched him at length? Any Cuda fans want to give a brief breakdown of what has made him effective at the AHL level so far? What does he bring in his toolbox?

A great shot, first and foremost. He's good at moving the puck and has good offensive instincts. Strong skater, too.

He's not as proficient in the defensive zone. More or less average, and he's helped out a lot in his own end by being paired with Joakim Ryan.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008

In his own end... He's good, not great. Nothing jumps out as being specifically lacking, nor does anything jump out as being particularly good. Just a steady, good defenseman. He had a couple of WTF moments handling the puck deep in his own end early in the season, but those are the only 2 or 3 plays that really stick with me as being bad.

On the offensive end, lots of good to say about him. He's got a good, heavy shot. Few games ago, he broke 2 opponents sticks on 2 consecutive shots. And he tends to get his shot through. He seems to see the ice well and know where the seams are going to be and where he needs to be.

One thing I've noticed of all the Barracuda defensemen - Heed included - is that they can be really indecisive on when to go after a puck near the blue line and when to get back on D. Plenty of pucks that were there for the taking, but by the time they decide to step up and make a play on it, it's too late. It's across the board, so I suspect it's something to do with how the coaching staff wants them to play, rather than a deficiency in all their games...

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
How can he be an emergency call up and not playing? If I'm reading it right, the CBA says emergency conditions mean you have less than 2 Goalies, 6 D, and 12 Forwards, either through injury or illness.

Could be an erroneous implication.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013

Here's the reason

I doubt that. It sounds like bad reasoning to me.

"Heed doesn't need to clear waivers. I only know of one reason he wouldn't need to clear so that must be it."

I don't see how that would explain why he didn't need to clear waivers earlier this season.

If he's got concrete word from the Sharks or the NHL and if he can explain how Heed was exempt earlier this season, I'd buy it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
*Kurz angrily tears page out of notebook, crumples, tosses towards trash, hits the edge rolling towards water cooler where Ratto stands slowly shaking his head.

Kurz: Time for article plan B - My top 10 reasons Patrick Marleau sucks. Foreword from Jeremy Roenick.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I'm sad no one got my reference.

Sorry but I am slow and could only think of 9/11 truthers. I get why you wouldn't call Nem that but didn't get the connection.

I tried. Do I get a participation ribbon for "you tried but you suck and are not good enough to win"?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I have given up trying to figure out this heed thing. It is just mind numbing to think about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad