Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2015-16 Part I

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
is deboer just getting a sense of who is worth a call up and who isnt?

mccarthy is better for us than haley lerg or brown but still i feel like there are better call ups.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

mccarthy is better for us than haley lerg or brown but still i feel like there are better call ups.

That's a good guess. None the callups have done anything significant to justify sticking around anyhow.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I doubt it. Aside from Goldobin the 3 skaters he's brought up so far are all veteran career AHLers and that's all they'll ever be.

I think the reason they've been brought up is because they're vets, two of which have over 50 games of NHL experience. I guess Lerg could possibly kind of fill a 4th line energy role very short term but neither Haley or McCarthy are even replacement level players.

If he was trying to figure where guys are at, if they're maybe ready to contribute at the NHL level I'd guess guys like Carpenter (who really should be the 1st call up), Langlois, Emanuelsson (if he's healthy) or even Jevpalovs would get a look.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I doubt it. Aside from Goldobin the 3 skaters he's brought up so far are all veteran career AHLers and that's all they'll ever be.

I think the reason they've been brought up is because they're vets, two of which have over 50 games of NHL experience. I guess Lerg could possibly kind of fill a 4th line energy role very short term but neither Haley or McCarthy are even replacement level players.

If he was trying to figure where guys are at, if they're maybe ready to contribute at the NHL level I'd guess guys like Carpenter (who really should be the 1st call up), Langlois, Emanuelsson (if he's healthy) or even Jevpalovs would get a look.

I'm not sure that's true. He's not looking for who's more NHL ready, but who he would like to bring up if he has to, like he's had to already. He's not looking to see if the others you listed are possibly NHL ready.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm not sure that's true. He's not looking for who's more NHL ready, but who he would like to bring up if he has to, like he's had to already. He's not looking to see if the others you listed are possibly NHL ready.

Ya, that's my point. He's bringing up players he thinks will help the team win right now.

If he was trying to evaluate who should be called up or not in the future he'd be experimenting with players that don't already have a NHL track record.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Ya, that's my point. He's bringing up players he thinks will help the team win right now.

If he was trying to evaluate who should be called up or not in the future he'd be experimenting with players that don't already have a NHL track record.

Are we talking past each other? He is doing that, but I think the point trying to be made is that he didn't stick with one because they failed, but because he wanted to see each to know who he'd rather bring up next time.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Are we talking past each other? He is doing that, but I think the point trying to be made is that he didn't stick with one because they failed, but because he wanted to see each to know who he'd rather bring up next time.

I don't think that's what he's doing.

Haley was brought up specifically because it was the Kings. I think he'll be the call up when the team feels they need extra "toughness".

Edit: This is assuming they need an extra player...hopefully they go with a skilled, energy 4th line once guys get healthy.

Last edited:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
didnt he own like all the worsharks records?

1st in goals (63)
2nd in assists (88, behind Tom Cavanagh's 92)
1st in points (151)
2nd in +/- (+35, behind Andrew Desjardins +47)
T1st games played (277, with Nick Petrecki)

Would have the games played record and would have had a chance at the assist mark had he not been accidentally checked by Matt Tennyson, separating McCarthy's shoulder and causing him to miss the last five regular season games and the playoffs.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Sounds like good news for others :handclap:

Hopefully it's not just a money saving move.

They don't play until Wednesday so it could be a money move but it sounds like Donskoi is very, very close & I wouldn't be too surprised to see Karlsson up for the Preds game.

They could really use both of those guys, Smith too.

Edit: Mueller was also returned to the SJB which I do think is a money move. They can carry the minimum 20 players when both teams are home to save some cap space if they want to.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
20 players = 2 goalies and 18 skaters (just to clarify).

Lerg, McCarthy both have games (and days on NHL roster) counting until they would have to clear waivers again to be re-assigned. So, logical they are sent back down.

Donskoi has been practicing, but not having to play until Wednesday gives his foot more time to heal. (Having "exactly" 3 pairs and 4 lines makes it easier to practice too, without extras "fitting in".)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
10/28 Mueller recalled; 10/29 assigned

Per AHL transactions.

He was skating with the Barracuda for practice this morning.

Last edited:

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
i hope Dillon is sitting this one out. I'm curious to see Mueller & Tennyson as a 3rd pairing at this level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad