Lines at practice per Kurz:

Nieto - Thornton- Pavelski
Marleau - Hertl - Ward
Goodrow - Tierney - Wingels
Donskoi - Haley - Brown

Vlasic - Braun
Dillon - Burns
Mueller - Tennyson

Blech. Donskoi on that 4th line is such a waste of skill, and that 3rd pairing is a disaster waiting to happen.

Some good news though: Karlsson is supposedly in the lineup for SJB tonight.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Mueller wasn't very good in the two Barracuda games I watched, though DeMelo wasn't very good in either of his NHL games so whatever. The orgs lack of defensive depth is showing and Martin really can't get healthy soon enough!

The Haley call up is hilarious. I understand he can produce in the AHL, he's good at that level (and for the SJB) but in the NHL he's pretty much a facepuncher. I feel bad for Donskoi.

Shocking. :sarcasm:

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Lines at practice per Kurz:

Nieto - Thornton- Pavelski
Marleau - Hertl - Ward
Goodrow - Tierney - Wingels
Donskoi - Haley - Brown

Vlasic - Braun
Dillon - Burns
Mueller - Tennyson

Blech. Donskoi on that 4th line is such a waste of skill, and that 3rd pairing is a disaster waiting to happen.

Some good news though: Karlsson is supposedly in the lineup for SJB tonight.

I think they're putting Goodrow on the 3rd line for his defensive abilities, but I agree. Wasting Donskoi on the 4th.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Having Mueller up to play bottom pair minutes will probably be an improvement over throwing DeMelo into the fire on his offside, but it doesn't help fix the issue that is Dillon-Burns receiving top-4 minutes

Mueller-Burns doesn't really work either, so hopefully Martin is back very soon

I don't understand sending Goldobin down if Donskoi isn't 100%, I really like what I've seen from him so far

Haley vs Lerg is basically a wash

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I can understand Nieto being placed on the top line, I think has really been playing well - but lets be honest. He hasn't buried the puck in the net, and against top line opposition his effectiveness will diminish.

As for Goodrow on the third and Donskoi on the fourth line - why not swap them. Tierney and Donskoi could be a great pairing, but instead we're going to have a grinder play with a playmaker, with an energy play on the other wing. Seems to be a waste of a 3rd line IMO.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Why didn't they call up Haley in the first place and leave Lerg down?

If Mueller is our solution to the top4 we need to make a trade.

It's a Lerg-mind****. You are dangling his dream in front of him, and saying, "Its right here. Just come get it." If this doesn't push him to get to that next level, then I don't know what could. If he is ever going to make it, this is his chance. He just needs to buckle down and push himself past what he is doing now. Pretty genius play by DW. Find a guy who doesn't quit, give him an opportunity, and watch what happens. Now who knows how it will play out, but this is the exact kind of character building that wins championships.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
I'd like to see

Vlasic-Burns
Mueller-Braun
Dillon-Tennyson

or switch Mueller and Dillon

Seems most logical to me. So it probably won't happen.

Mueller may only be up because Sharks are in SJ and Martin could still come back soon. I hope.

Did Smith get a concussion?

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Mueller to the big club? Have fun with 1st and 2nd overall Boston.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Mueller to the big club? Have fun with 1st and 2nd overall Boston.

I think Mueller is better then DeMelo. I would prefer Mueller playing for the other team in SJ but I think the team is desperate with how bad our defense has played with Martin out. Hopefully Martin is back tonight and none of this matters.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I think Mueller is better then DeMelo. I would prefer Mueller playing for the other team in SJ but I think the team is desperate with how bad our defense has played with Martin out. Hopefully Martin is back tonight and none of this matters.

Mueller deserves time in the NHL

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
Lerg recalled this morning and will play with Haley and Brown on the 4th line. Donskoi still out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad