Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2015-16 Part I

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Haley & DeMelo were re-called and are with the team in Vancouver.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Gotta have a worthless facepuncher on the team at all times. It's the Doug Wilson way.

If you're talking about who 'earned' a call-up based on AHL play, Haley is in fact deserving. He's actually quite good offensively at the AHL level, unlike goons of the past.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
If you're talking about who 'earned' a call-up based on AHL play, Haley is in fact deserving. He's actually quite good offensively at the AHL level, unlike goons of the past.

This is true. He is still beyond terrible at the NHL level though.

With games coming up against a couple of teams that have 'tough' guys on their team he might get into a game but if everyone is healthy I doubt he sees playing time.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Why do you think Haley vs Goodrow. Playing time for Goodrow and no worry that Haley will play or reward for Haley. Or both :)

Turns out Goodrow is banged up.

Kinda thought Morin would be next in line but I guess they want physicality over skill on the 4th line vs the Canucks with Karlsson maybe out.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Turns out Goodrow is banged up.

Kinda thought Morin would be next in line but I guess they want physicality over skill on the 4th line vs the Canucks with Karlsson maybe out.

http://www.gacklereport.com/golf-article/barracudas-morin-looking-another-crack-nhl-sharks/

Sounds like if Karlsson and Wingo are out long term Morin will be the one called up. Maybe they didn't expect Melker to be out and as people mention they could be rewarding Haley. That or they made a call that the need was for a physical grinder.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
DeMelo is likely to be 'called up' again today and since I think the "emergency" part of emergency recall isn't all that strict in it's definition that may be what they're using.

If DeMelo isn't called back up today he will be for their two game road trip.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
DeMelo is likely to be 'called up' again today and since I think the "emergency" part of emergency recall isn't all that strict in it's definition that may be what they're using.

If DeMelo isn't called back up today he will be for their two game road trip.

What would be the emergency? Nothing as of writing this has changed in the sharks injury situation in the past couple days. So it would no longer be considered an emergency.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
What would be the emergency? Nothing as of writing this has changed in the sharks injury situation in the past couple days. So it would no longer be considered an emergency.

I didn't say they ARE going to use an emergency recall, just that they can probably find a way to use it if they want to.

Maybe one of the D is banged up and "may" not be able to go tonight, that would allow for an emergency recall. If the d-man can play they just have to return DeMelo to the AHL immediately.

They may not bring DeMelo up today at all or they may bring him up and keep him through the road trip which would be a regular recall, as I said I'm not sure about today but he will very likely be with the team for the road trip.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
By definition, "emergency" is a situation where you do not have 2 healthy goalies/6 healthy D/12 healthy F.

So, if you only have 5 healthy D, you can recall a defense player for the duration of the "emergency".

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Bet you they still technically list Dillon (or one of the other D-men) as "day to day" or something, so they can claim they're calling DeMelo up as insurance in case Dillon can't go that night.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
DeMelo was returned to the AHL yesterday...he's very likely to be 'recalled' again tomorrow as he'll probably be heading to Canada with the team for the quick road trip.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
DeMelo was returned to the AHL yesterday...he's very likely to be 'recalled' again tomorrow as he'll probably be heading to Canada with the team for the quick road trip.

They left today, so he was either on the plane or he probably won't be on trip.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
They left today, so he was either on the plane or he probably won't be on trip.

By "recalled" I meant that it probably won't be announced until tomorrow, if they announce it at all since he's been going back & forth.

He's with the team in Calgary.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Both Haley & DeMelo were "returned" to the AHL last night.

Since I'm guessing one or both will probably be "recalled" today I can only assume that most (or all) of these have been emergency recalls.

I feel a bit bad for DeMelo as he's likely to continue to bounce around between the NHL & AHL until Tennyson is healthy and considering he's still not skating who knows when that'll be.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Both Haley & DeMelo were "returned" to the AHL last night.

Since I'm guessing one or both will probably be "recalled" today I can only assume that most (or all) of these have been emergency recalls.

I feel a bit bad for DeMelo as he's likely to continue to bounce around between the NHL & AHL until Tennyson is healthy and considering he's still not skating who knows when that'll be.

At least he's getting NHL pay for his time spent watching. Luckily, the schedule favors them a little bit on the recall scenario since the Sharks are home for the week and the Barracuda will be in California for the week.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
So if we fall any further and the Division becomes really out of reach, anyone think/hope we'll see demelo and maybe get martin some rest?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad