Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2015-16 Part I

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
No way Brown gets claimed, but it's a whole hell of a lot better having him at #14 on the depth chart than #12

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Excluding Reimer, Sharks are currently sitting at 24 (23 with Brown now waived) on the roster - with Wingels on IR, and Dell called up. Tennyson (as far as I know) hasn't been placed on IR. Unless Wingels is close to coming off IR, couldn't the Sharks just put Tennyson on IR and keep Brown on the roster until tomorrow/as soon as Reimer is on the active roster?

Not sure how the rules are with Reimer's roster spot in limbo with his work visa issues, but I have to wonder if Doug is using this move to maximize the cap room to -- hopefully -- aquire another piece (Drouin?). :nod::popcorn::naughty:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Didn't lady stanley say something about moves needing to be done to fit dell, reimer on the roster at the moment.

I assume they could just send down DeMelo and put Wingels and Tennysson on LTIR (if he isn't already). Waiving Brown is pretty permanent. Even though he sucks, why waive him unless you had to? You could just wait until Wingels is 100%

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Didn't lady stanley say something about moves needing to be done to fit dell, reimer on the roster at the moment.

The Sharks over over both the roster & cap limit right now and waiving Brown does nothing to alleviate that until he actually clears and gets re-assigned tomorrow.

Maybe Tennyson has gone on IR/LTIR and/or Wingels on LTIR and they haven't announced it yet but they must have done something for the trade to go through.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Excluding Reimer, Sharks are currently sitting at 24 (23 with Brown now waived) on the roster - with Wingels on IR, and Dell called up. Tennyson (as far as I know) hasn't been placed on IR. Unless Wingels is close to coming off IR, couldn't the Sharks just put Tennyson on IR and keep Brown on the roster until tomorrow/as soon as Reimer is on the active roster?

Not sure how the rules are with Reimer's roster spot in limbo with his work visa issues, but I have to wonder if Doug is using this move to maximize the cap room to -- hopefully -- aquire another piece (Drouin?). :nod::popcorn::naughty:

We were over the CAP last I checked. Why one of those 2 can't go on LTIR I'm not sure.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

The Sharks over over both the roster & cap limit right now and waiving Brown does nothing to alleviate that until he actually clears and gets re-assigned tomorrow.

Maybe Tennyson has gone on IR/LTIR and/or Wingels on LTIR and they haven't announced it yet but they must have done something for the trade to go through.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Wingels only NHLer on IR. Reimer **not** on active roster.

13 F, 8 D, 2 G = 23 on roster.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
http://sharks.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Wingels only NHLer on IR. Reimer **not** on active roster.

13 F, 8 D, 2 G = 23 on roster.

The Sharks website isn't the end all be all...how is Reimer not on the active roster? Is he suspended while waiting for his visa? Otherwise, I'm pretty sure a team can't just not add a guy they traded for to their active roster because they don't want to.

Edit: According to generalfanager.com Wingels is on LTIR & Dell is an emergency recall which if accurate would solve both the cap and roster issues.

Last edited:

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
yea i think we will carry him for playoff depth. hopefully goodrow at least is up, id like goldobin too just because our offense might dry up lol

I really doubt they call Goldobin up again this year, at least before the playoffs. If he plays 1 more game in the NHL this year we burn a year of his ELC. However, I don't know if playoff games are counted in that total. Regardless, though, too big a long term hit on contract status for Goldobin to call him up again before that.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
It sounds like Tierney & Dell went through the 'paper' transactions so they're eligible to play in the AHL this season but DeMelo might be staying with the SJB...not positive about that last part though.

Right now the Sharks have 12 healthy forwards & 6 healthy d-men since my understanding is that Tennyson hasn't skated at all since the Reaves hit.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
With Reimer expected to join the team today Dell has been sent back to the SJB.

I'd assume this also means Rumpel will go back to Allen.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Sharks have hardly had a chance for guys to skate since then (except in games).

:hockey:

Paul Gackle @GackleReport
Tennyson still isn't skating for #SJSharks. Wingels still recovering from upper body injury. jones will get 10th straight start v. Van

I couldn't find out if he's doing off ice stuff but it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I couldn't find out if he's doing off ice stuff but it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't.

So why don't they put Tennyson on LTIR and bring up DeMelo? Don't they only have 12 healthy forwards and 6 healthy defenseman now due to Wingels/Tennyson injuries?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So why don't they put Tennyson on LTIR and bring up DeMelo? Don't they only have 12 healthy forwards and 6 healthy defenseman now due to Wingels/Tennyson injuries?

To get DeMelo games I assume since the Barracuda are home until next Wednesday.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Yep.

As of right now the don't need to LTIR Tennyson as they have the roster spot & enough cap space to bring up a player if they want/need to.

I guess they figure they're not that far away if they need someone for the game tomorrow, that or they have an extra body heading to Vancouver.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yep.

As of right now the don't need to LTIR Tennyson as they have the roster spot & enough cap space to bring up a player if they want/need to.

I guess they figure they're not that far away if they need someone for the game tomorrow, that or they have an extra body heading to Vancouver.

I'm sure someone will go with them to Vancouver just in case something happens during pregame skate.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Yep.

Interesting...ok, thanks.

To get DeMelo games I assume since the Barracuda are home until next Wednesday.

That's probably a good idea. Makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad