Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Prospect camp last year started around July 3rd and had the scrimmage on the 9th. I'm curious to know if Sorensen will attend. I'm hoping he will since he's switching ice surfaces. And really, I just need something Sharks related to pay attention to.

Considering his age and pro experience (Heed too) I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't come out for development camp.

They'll both be at the rookie camp though.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Considering his age and pro experience (Heed too) I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't come out for development camp.

They'll both be at the rookie camp though.

Do you know if Jeremy Roy's injury is all healed? I haven't been able to find any updates on him.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Saw some Norwegian guys on twitter discussing a rumour that Rudolf's Balcers could be transferred to a Swedish team for next season. Also he didn't attend the World championships because of injury

Last edited:

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
What do you guys think Brodzinski's chances are to spend some time in the NHL next year?

I got to watch him in two games last season after he join the Barracuda, and I was very impressed by his play. He seemed heads and shoulders better than the rest of the dmen in the offensive zone. Just very decisive with the puck, was able to move himself and the puck around the zone at will and with ease. Also seemed to have a dangerous shot.

If the Sharks are looking for a PMD to pair with Dillon, it seems to me that Brodzinski could battle for that spot with DeMelo and Heed. Is Brodzinski's defensive play deficient, or could he be serviceable in his own end at the NHL level as is, or with a bit of work in the AHL?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What do you guys think Brodzinski's chances are to spend some time in the NHL next year?

I got to watch him in two games last season after he join the Barracuda, and I was very impressed by his play. He seemed heads and shoulders better than the rest of the dmen in the offensive zone. Just very decisive with the puck, was able to move himself and the puck around the zone at will and with ease. Also seemed to have a dangerous shot.

If the Sharks are looking for a PMD to pair with Dillon, it seems to me that Brodzinski could battle for that spot with DeMelo and Heed. Is Brodzinski's defensive play deficient, or could he be serviceable in his own end at the NHL level as is, or with a bit of work in the AHL?

He is extremely raw and I would highly doubt he sees a single minute in the NHL next year. But I've been wrong plenty of times before, so *vague shrugging motion*.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
He will probably need a few years in the AHL.

Despite what the numbers say I was really impressed with him in his AHL time this year too.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
What prefix are you talking about? I could get a mod higher up than me to add it.

It got added. It's the Prospect Info one. I really like it because the color helps me distinguish this thread among the stickied ones.

Thank you for wanting to help and thank you to whatever mod was lurking in the shadows :naughty:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Right, I meant more specifically. Like if he tore his MCL or something like that.

Oh - I never heard exactly what the issue was.

Brodzinski's offensive game has been good for a while now but his defensive game, while improving, is still very much a work in progress.

He needs to improve his reads, positioning & gain strength before he'll see any NHL time which, if it happens, I'm guessing won't be until the 2017/18 season.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
It's pretty clear from posters that Brodzinski has talent but is still pretty raw. What is the consensus on Joakim Ryan? I would love for someone to come up and fill in for Dillon. He has been serviceable but against tough teams, he doesn't cut it and I'd rather have a faster PMD that doesn't have the same mental lapses as Dillon if we make another deep playoff run.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It's pretty clear from posters that Brodzinski has talent but is still pretty raw. What is the consensus on Joakim Ryan? I would love for someone to come up and fill in for Dillon. He has been serviceable but against tough teams, he doesn't cut it and I'd rather have a faster PMD that doesn't have the same mental lapses as Dillon if we make another deep playoff run.

I would be interested in knowing how Ryan is panning out too. He was the highest scoring D-man on the Cuda last year with 28 points in 66 games. He was also +11. He was the top scoring Cuda player in the 4 playoff games with 3 points as well.

Plus he is only 23 and a LHD. Ryan-DeMelo could be a pretty decent 3rd pairing. Or Ryan-Heed if you want to be adventurous .. :)

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
You're assuming that Ryan won't be prone to lapses. Dangerous.

He could be prone to lapses. But I've seen a ton from Dillon and Ryan is probably still at the development point where he can work them out. Dillon just looks like a low IQ player out there.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
You're assuming that Ryan won't be prone to lapses. Dangerous.

Less so than Dillon/Polak.

Ryan has #4/#5 upside right now and is an incredible puck mover. His decision making is a bit slower than I'd like with the puck on his stick but the 'Cuda's breakout ran through him.

I'd hesitate at pairing him with DeMelo. I'd like to try him out as an offensive piece to compliment Dillon's game.

I'd be shocked/upset if he doesn't get a tryout this year.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Less so than Dillon/Polak.

Ryan has #4/#5 upside right now and is an incredible puck mover. His decision making is a bit slower than I'd like with the puck on his stick but the 'Cuda's breakout ran through him.

I'd hesitate at pairing him with DeMelo. I'd like to try him out as an offensive piece to compliment Dillon's game.

I'd be shocked/upset if he doesn't get a tryout this year.

Can Ryan play both sides?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Can Ryan play both sides?

He spent most of this season playing on the right side but DeBoer, like many coaches, is really big on the left handed - right handed dynamic on defense.

I question if the org sees a NHL future for Ryan, while I don't agree I still think they see him lower on the depth chart than Mueller.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Now exactly a surprise but Jeremy Roy invited to the Canada U20 summer camp.

I was actually wondering where we expect Roy to play next year? Is there no chance he plays at the Cuda? Or can he not play because he is not 20 years of age yet and playing in the Q? If the latter, would we actually expect him to play on the Cuda if he qualified to play there?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I was actually wondering where we expect Roy to play next year? Is there no chance he plays at the Cuda? Or can he not play because he is not 20 years of age yet and playing in the Q? If the latter, would we actually expect him to play on the Cuda if he qualified to play there?

He's not eligible to play in the AHL.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
If he was, do you guys (the folks who follow him) feel that he would be good enough to play there?

He might be good enough but the lack of available spots and the rust present from him being injured so much would lead me to believe that he would most likely be back in the Q, even if he was an over-ager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce