Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEALICIOUS

Nov 29, 2021
Eklund going back to sweden was the right choice b/c he is not ready. I have watch some of his game since he went back to Sweden. Stats watching and highlight watching can deceive ppl opinion of how a player is really doing. No concerns for eklund, this kid is going to be a very good player for us. Why does he has no goals so far, hardly shoot the puck and always looking to pass. Just like his time with the sharks, most of his passes are just tremendous. His lines mates so far is our old buddy marcus sorensen, if he could finish those points would look alot better. Kid will be alright, love his half spin move.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Eklund going back to sweden was the right choice b/c he is not ready. I have watch some of his game since he went back to Sweden. Stats watching and highlight watching can deceive ppl opinion of how a player is really doing. No concerns for eklund, this kid is going to be a very good player for us. Why does he has no goals so far, hardly shoot the puck and always looking to pass. Just like his time with the sharks, most of his passes are just tremendous. His lines mates so far is our old buddy marcus sorensen, if he could finish those points would look alot better. Kid will be alright, love his half spin move.
Yeah, he is going to have a Thornton-esque assist to goal ratio in the NHL. That is just the kind of player he is.

It is just stats, but for context of how awful the team is, in 4 games since going back, he has 3 primary assists on 5 total team goals.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Holy shit. Those are some seriously high danger saves... Of the variety few goalies can ever make. Really stoked on this kid. Any chance he make the WJC roster?
Cossa and Garand should be Canada's 2 goalies. Gaudreau is amongst the next group though with Brett Brochu and Tristan Lennox. He should get a very long look both this year and next.

Add Gaudreau to the Ozzy and Guschin list in prospects that need to be traded to new teams. This guy gets left out to dry.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I'm hopeful that this year, next year again in the OHL (2022), and then a year in the AHL (2023), and he'll be ready for the bigtime (2024). Should be just enough time to patchwork our goalies together until then. Fits well with everyone else's timeline too.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TEALICIOUS

Nov 29, 2021
Eklund team win 3-0, I caught the last part of the second period and the third period. No point but wasn't a lack of effort, he miss scoring on a two on one. Sublime backhand sauce to his teammates but the guy didn't convert and tremendous pass to sorensen in the slots but he fail to convert to as well. Overall quite effort nothing eye catching or sustainable shift.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Ozzy officially not invited to team Canada WJC camp, as well as Gaudreau. Eklund, Bordeleau, and Guschin should be our only 3 prospects playing this year.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Ozzy officially not invited to team Canada WJC camp, as well as Gaudreau. Eklund, Bordeleau, and Guschin should be our only 3 prospects playing this year.
Seems like the Sharks were absolutely bad talent evaluators to have Wiesblatt over Bordeleau... At least they got both picks. :laugh:

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Seems like the Sharks were absolutely bad talent evaluators to have Wiesblatt over Bordeleau... At least they got both picks. :laugh:

Also TBH I thought Robins >> Wiesblatt (and Gushchin) from the brief preseason looks.

To be fair-ish, Wiesblatt was the last pick in the 1st (signing bonus considerations?), so maybe it had something to do with him being projected as the safest and most cost-effective among a short list of players they were targeting with those three picks.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
I don't know if it would be kosher, but if they can, maybe the Sharks could buy some season tickets from Ozzy's team to help facilitate a trade. :D:sarcasm::nod:

Somehow, these underhanded dealings will also result in Marleau signing a 1 year deal with the Sharks. Got to buy the agents' loyalty. :sarcasm:

TEALICIOUS

Nov 29, 2021
I think that's mostly because Bordeleau wasn't supposed to be this good.
He is a good prospect that was a solid pick, please don't hype him up. Not being negative just being real. He has look underwhelming this yr. every time I watch him play he looks like kevin labanc.

TEALICIOUS

Nov 29, 2021
Eklund miss a break-away for his first goal since going to sweden, beside that looks very bad today. He was getting pin of the boards repeatedly and fail to use the advantage of the big ice at all. A very discouraging game. Doug wilson jr. wanted to him go dominate, that hasn't been the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad