Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I thought Guschin was going to be the one destroying the OHL but Coe is playing too good for that league. Man our 2020 draft was insane considering we gave up the 3rd overall pick.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I think the overage thing for those guys is a little overrated. Coe and Gushchin are tearing it up.
I think given what happened last year, there is no reason to discount what they're doing this year. I actually think that Coe really benefitted from his time with the Barracuda last year and his development track has really improved because of it. Robins looked great in the rookie tourney and preseason with the Sharks, so him dominating in the WHL is not surprising and a good sign. I just want Gushchin and Wiesblatt to get on better teams. I think the perception of them is that they aren't doing as well because they aren't getting the points, but their teams are awful. If they don't get traded at least the silver lining would be that they get to the Cuda faster by not making the playoffs in their respective leagues.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I think given what happened last year, there is no reason to discount what they're doing this year. I actually think that Coe really benefitted from his time with the Barracuda last year and his development track has really improved because of it. Robins looked great in the rookie tourney and preseason with the Sharks, so him dominating in the WHL is not surprising and a good sign. I just want Gushchin and Wiesblatt to get on better teams. I think the perception of them is that they aren't doing as well because they aren't getting the points, but their teams are awful. If they don't get traded at least the silver lining would be that they get to the Cuda faster by not making the playoffs in their respective leagues.
100% agreed

Reactions: Sandisfan

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
Coe and Robins are overagers because they will both turn 20 before 2022. Gushchin and Wiesblatt are not overagers.
I am used to the 'cut off' dates being in the summer break between seasons, but guess the CHL sticks to calendar year.
Thanks for the correction. Was not aware that overage status in the CHL worked that way.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I am used to the 'cut off' dates being in the summer break between seasons, but guess the CHL sticks to calendar year.
Thanks for the correction. Was not aware that overage status in the CHL worked that way.
I wasn’t either, but someone mentioned Robins was an overager earlier this season and I had to look it up to verify. I was surprised as well.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Coe's (1.8) scoring not far off of Labanc (1.95) in their respective draft+2 seasons. Labanc also led the league. Would be great to grab a top 6 RW with size and speed out of the 4th round. Aside from Meier and Kane, all the other wingers in the org are small.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Coe's (1.8) scoring not far off of Labanc (1.95) in their respective draft+2 seasons. Labanc also led the league. Would be great to grab a top 6 RW with size and speed out of the 4th round. Aside from Meier and Kane, all the other wingers in the org are small.
Yeah I agree. Wiesblatt isn’t big either but plays with some edge. If we can get those two to be complimentary wingers to the likes of Eklund, Hertl, Gushchin, Dahlen, Timo, Leonard, Bordeleau, etc. we are in good shape.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Eklund has now -5 and 0+3 on four games. So he has played now 13 games and hasn't scored a goal. Maybe it was correct decision to send him back to Sweden. I would've liked him AHL tho.

Also is there reason for concern that Bordeleau's scoring pace is not as good as it was last year but obviously is still good pace.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Eklund has now -5 and 0+3 on four games. So he has played now 13 games and hasn't scored a goal. Maybe it was correct decision to send him back to Sweden. I would've liked him AHL tho.

Also is there reason for concern that Bordeleau's scoring pace is not as good as it was last year but obviously is still good pace.

I feel like the sample size is small enough for a difference of four points to not really be too significant.

TEALICIOUS

Nov 29, 2021
I'd be curious how he's playing. That team is stacked and there is only so much puck to go around.
This is not the nba, he is on his own line and continue to get power play time. This is why stats watching is bad, you should be very concern b/c his point are usually off secondary and not important moment. Brisson, Brendan is on his line and have improve so much. The plus of Bordeleau, Thomas still is his tremendous vision and quick thought process, but he can't play center. Not fast or quick enough and float to much. For some reason this year, he seem slower than last yr. Only effective when time and space is there, rarely shoot the puck. Need to play with more tempo. He will be on the big ten network this week, check him out. I think robins will be the better player at the end.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad