Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Given the financial implications heading into to next season, and his overall ability, I would no be surprised if Merkley makes the Sharks next year.

I see Merkley get a real chance to play for us the season after next. But a lot of it will be driven by if we can re-sign EK65 or not. I am looking at next years roster like:

Kane-Couture-Labanc
Meier-Hertl-Donskoi
Sorenson-Suomela-?
Goodrow-Chartier-Gambrell

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ryan-Burns
Dillon-Simek/Roy/DeSimone

If Merkley plays lights out during training camp an pre-season, he could end up partnering with Dillon and Simek is our 7D at that point. Honestly, that is ideal because we could have a really good offensive D-man on every pairing. But I really don't want to see Merkley get the Ryan treatment from PDB. I would also love to see if Chekhovich earn that 3RW spot or even a spot in the top-6.

I expect Braun is traded for draft picks. Melker is either traded or bought out. We do not re-sign Pavs or Jumbo.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Mild aside from watching the 2 WHL games in the Canada-Russia series, I'd hope that the Sharks scouts who are watching Gregor in Prince Albert are also filing glowing reports on UDFA Brett Leason. He's leading the league in goals and points, is 3rd in assists, and is a big dude who skates pretty well.

He's like the counterpoint to Halbgewachs and would be another way the team can continue to add talent depth in the prospect pool without having draft picks. He would also be AHL-eligible next season.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How does Desimone look in the AHL? Seems he's been rather offensive this season. What's his nhl upside?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Chekhovich had a goal and an assist and was named Russia's player of the game tonight as Russia took the first of the two games against the QMJHL 5-1. Russia now leads the 6-game series 3-2 with the 6th and final game going on Thursday afternoon.

I missed most of the game, but I managed to record everything from the middle of the 1st period onward, so I might try to zip through it tonight or tomorrow to see how he looked.

Reactions: NiWa

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Chekhovich had 0 points on 2 shots in the final game of the Canada/Russia series as Russia beat team QMJHL 3-2 in OT to take the series 4-2.

I totally missed the game though. I went grocery shopping and picked up dinner and completely spaced that it was even on TV until it was already 75% over.

Reactions: NiWa

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Chekhovich had a goal and an assist and was named Russia's player of the game tonight as Russia took the first of the two games against the QMJHL 5-1. Russia now leads the 6-game series 3-2 with the 6th and final game going on Thursday afternoon.

I missed most of the game, but I managed to record everything from the middle of the 1st period onward, so I might try to zip through it tonight or tomorrow to see how he looked.
Did you end up watching it? How'd he look?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Did you end up watching it? How'd he look?

I haven't had a chance yet. I probably won't tonight (I have WHL tickets), but I'm thinking maybe tomorrow as I have to work on some stuff that will allow me to do so in front of the TV.

FWIW, reports from last night's game were that the Q team looked disappointing, and hte Russians as a result didn't really have to try that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad