Sharks News/Notes XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Larry will be 66 this summer, maybe he's finally stepping away from the game

He essentially accomplished everything you can in this league, one of the greatest careers of any player/coach, good for him if he thinks it's time

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Tsn is reporting that san jose isn't one of the 13 teams that are expecting changes to there jerseys.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Tsn is reporting that san jose isn't one of the 13 teams that are expecting changes to there jerseys.

This coming season. :sarcasm:

There WILL be changes as the manufacturer is changing. So some minor (non appearance?) stuff will change.

But they are looking at different alternate jersey for 18-19.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm so glad the black jersey is gone next year, hopefully the next third they come out with is better than that crap rag

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I'm so glad the black jersey is gone next year, hopefully the next third they come out with is better than that crap rag

Not by choice of the Sharks. It was a league decision to help with the contract switch. It's imposed on all teams for next year.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I hate the black armor ones. I do really like the current home and aways though. I also really hate shoulder yokes in general. They just get in the way of the nice home colors.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
I liked the black sweater when it first came out, but I got really bored of it. I usually prefer simple and clean designs in general, but that sweater just fell out of favor with me for whatever reason. I'm not a fan of different colored shoulder yokes either; it's additional clutter like numbers on the front. When they introduce an alternate, I really hope it's similar to the heritage sweater.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I don't know, I think I actually miss the shoulder yokes even though I was happy to ditch them at the time, without them I think our jerseys look much more like the practice jerseys, essentially too boring.

I wouldn't mind the 2001-2007 jerseys with the updated shark logo, I think that would be pleasing to my eye. This one:
Sharks09.png

Last edited:

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
I hate the black armor ones. I do really like the current home and aways though. I also really hate shoulder yokes in general. They just get in the way of the nice home colors.

This I agree.

But does this mean Anaheim can do away with that Pumpkin looking one?

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Definitely prefer my front office to be filled with guys who have never won anything at any level.

Well, DW won the Norris Trophy, and a gold for team Canada in the worlds as a skater. He was a GM for the team that won the campbell soup bowl, and a president's cup... but still no "the cup", you know the one that counts for everything.

Martin Jones joined instagram with the weirdest video I've ever seen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUvD5u1lku9/?taken-by=martinjones31&hl=en

I'm interpreting the rather public display of happiness is a sign that his contract extension is going well, and it soon to be finalized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille