Pre-Game Talk: Sharks N Jets or whatever: Tuesday, Mar 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

jggmalloy

Tobi-Wan Kenobi
Oct 30, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
jetsnation.ca
His depth chart seemingly doesn't make alot of sense but that is the reason Postma sat for so long.

I wonder if there were other issues with Postma and why he was the odd man out. He missed alot of time last year and someone brought up the blood thinners he was on and if that had an impact at all. He wasn't injured but perhaps his conditioning wasn't where it should be and he wasn't showing enough in practice to get back in.

or just simply Pomo prefers Pardy and Harrison more (which I can't understand why if Postma didn't have the issues I speculated on)

anyway Postma looked great vs TB and sucks he's hurt now (he is injured... they're not going to fake an injury)

RHD on a team with Buff, Bogo, Trouba. And now it's Buff, Myers, Trouba.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Please win.
I'm concerned about my well being should we make the playoffs.
Games like tomorrow are waaaay to stressful for me to be at. I think I'm too emotionally invested in the team.

I'd like to score 5 in the first.

Just imagine if we need that last game against Calgary... 5 in the first, and we still couldn't quite be comfortable. :laugh:

jggmalloy

Tobi-Wan Kenobi
Oct 30, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
jetsnation.ca
Please win.
I'm concerned about my well being should we make the playoffs.
Games like tomorrow are waaaay to stressful for me to be at. I think I'm too emotionally invested in the team.

I'd like to score 5 in the first.

I have a class at 4:00-5:15 PM on Tuesdays/Thursdays. Whenever there is a game that day (more often than not) I just can't go to class. Can't pay attention.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
:(

Tough love! I think our current moderators are going soft! It's been DAYS since I cried because of something you guys said about me on here!

I'm waiting for you to get to a respectable post count before I pay too much attention to you.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I.... I was ... I was just trying to make a joke... In no way does being good with kids make Harrison a good hockey player.. But I would have him on the third pairing over Adolf Hitler that's for sure

Yes but are there any refs with the guts to call a penalty on the Fuerher? Seriously though, as I seem to recall, the dude sucked at skating backwards so you may be right.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm waiting for you to get to a respectable post count before I pay too much attention to you.

Yeah: I don't bother much with Swedes that have less than 15k posts.

I'll be there after the Sharks game.:p:

It feels like we've done a decent job of beating teams that have been struggling this season. We did it to the Avs, the Wild and the Stars. When we beat them, it really felt like we put a dagger in their playoff hopes.

I mean, clearly, that wasn't the case with the Wild, but it felt like it at the time.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'll be there after the Sharks game.:p:

It feels like we've done a decent job of beating teams that have been struggling this season. We did it to the Avs, the Wild and the Stars. When we beat them, it really felt like we put a dagger in their playoff hopes.

I mean, clearly, that wasn't the case with the Wild, but it felt like it at the time.

The Wild really have made a remarkable comeback.

I hate them!

I will feel much better if the Coyotes can beat the Kings tonight and we beat the Sharkies tomorrow.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
For the record, I think Hitler would make a better coach than player. Who's going to take a long shift with the fuhrer staring you down.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
One thing we don't know is how Postma plays on his off-side. I'm guessing better than Harrison and Pardy, but that's Maurice's decision and I kind of trust him.

Postma and the coaching staff must know though. Maurice said he put Buff on the left side at practice today cause they might need it in the future. They know where Postmas strengths and weaknesses are.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Didn't hit me until now that Harrison and Pardy are both LHD's. Apparently he likes their PK ability, familiar/comfortable with Harrison, etc.

Wonder what he likes about their PK ability? Not sure why he's comfortable with either of them, especially together. I can barely watch when they're on the ice, let alone be comfortable.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Question for you guys regarding Trouba: when does he get a new D partner, and has playing with an anchor stunted his development? Does he have to wait until JoMo makes it (maybe Enstrom + Trouba, Morrissey + Myers)? Something I've been wondering for a while now. I know TNSE and the coaches like Stu, but surely they've got to recognize he's a 3rd pairing D on a deep team.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I agree with this. I am no Pavs fan by any stretch, but he's played well, certainly a lot better than Hutch has of late. So if it were up to me I'd give Pavelec the start tonight.

It seems that the wheels really came off with the goaltending when the rotation was abandoned. Rightly or wrongly, the evidence seems to suggest that Hutch plays better in rotation.

If we had a clear cut #1 goalie , in are place in the standings , he would be in net EVERY game !!! That being said a goalie gets a win or even a point , he stays in net until he doesn't

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Jay Harrison may not be the greatest defenseman but ... He seems amazing with children.

[NHL]781830[/NHL]

That's worth something, right ? :sarcasm:

Would pay to see Hutch backflip in full goalie gear.

But he'd have to get Brodeur to teach him how to score first. :sarcasm:

Pretty much everything but West Side Story, the usual / obvious goto in these teams GDTs

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1806695 ;)

Last time we tried West Side Story it didn't go down so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad