Pre-Game Talk: Sharks N Jets or whatever: Tuesday, Mar 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Please win.
I'm concerned about my well being should we make the playoffs.
Games like tomorrow are waaaay to stressful for me to be at. I think I'm too emotionally invested in the team.

I'd like to score 5 in the first.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Please win.
I'm concerned about my well being should we make the playoffs.
Games like tomorrow are waaaay to stressful for me to be at. I think I'm too emotionally invested in the team.

I'd like to score 5 in the first.

i want Scheif to score in the first and turn to Jumbo Joe and say "it's SHOWTIME!"

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Well considering my one Jets game was a dying seconds loss to these guys, a win would be fantastic.

WSS round 2.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
because of something called a depth chart.

any other questions?

A depth chart with Pardy and Harrison both ahead of Postma doesn't speak volumes about the hockey assessment value of the guy or group who made it!:help:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A depth chart with Pardy and Harrison both ahead of Postma doesn't speak volumes about the hockey assessment value of the guy or group who made it!:help:

For all his positive attributes, I would say that Maurice has some puzzling predilections when it comes to his line-up choices.

I'm thinking that O'Dell might have realized that his only hope of staying in the line-up might be dropping the mitts with Ott. Maybe Postma needed to drop the mitts once or twice earlier in the year to give himself a better chance of staying in the line-up. Maurice seems to favour that sort of thing over a lot of other player attributes.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wait, I thought he was practicing this morning (paired with Ellerby). Did he suffer the injury at practice today?

That's my bad. Can you believe I mistook Pardy for Postma? :help:

In my defense there was a lot going on there today and I was really paying attention to 33 & 57 at first.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Aavco is living the life.
Awesome that you can make it to the ice plex so often, really gives us a better idea of what is going on with the team.

Can we spin this as "TNSE is so tight lipped about injuries, local man moves into iceplex"?

teebanas

Feb 27, 2013
West St Paul MB
Jay Harrison may not be the greatest defenseman but ... He seems amazing with children.

[NHL]781830[/NHL]

That's worth something, right ? :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Aavco is living the life.
Awesome that you can make it to the ice plex so often, really gives us a better idea of what is going on with the team.

Can we spin this as "TNSE is so tight lipped about injuries, local man moves into iceplex"?

I sure had a big smile when I saw MP not only on the ice, but doing full length wind sprints. Later they (with Chiarot) did some stop start drills, races really. Face off dot to blue line, back to goal line back face off dot. Ma-choo was going along pretty good IMO.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Jay Harrison may not be the greatest defenseman but ... He seems amazing with children.

That's worth something, right ? :sarcasm:

One of my dear friends struggled to leave her abusive (now, thankfully ex) boyfriend. One of the reasons she gave for staying was that "he was so good with (her) children".

I show you now the same picture I showed her then:

SHJ9gZQ.jpg

... It appears that history suggests "amazing with children" ain't exactly worth much.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
One of my dear friends struggled to leave her abusive (now, thankfully ex) boyfriend. One of the reasons she gave for staying was that "he was so good with (her) children".

I show you now the same picture I showed her then:

SHJ9gZQ.jpg

... It appears that history suggests "amazing with children" ain't exactly worth much.

I'm pretty sure that there's a wide gulf between being good at Nazi propaganda and actually being good with children...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
LOL yeah, the looks on those kids faces tell me they think the fuehrer is anything but wonderful with kids... :D

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'm pretty sure that there's a wide gulf between being good at Nazi propaganda and actually being good with children...

The idea is that "appears to be good with children" doesn't exactly show one's worth as a human being is all. Not to say that those good with kids are also evil, only that there is no correlation whatsoever. Like you said, it's the ultimate propaganda play. More succinctly, if even the face of consummate evil can appear to be good with children for any reason (same with Stalin, who had plenty of propaganda shots like this), anyone can appear to be good with children for any reason.

teebanas

Feb 27, 2013
West St Paul MB
The idea is that "appears to be good with children" doesn't exactly show one's worth as a human being is all. Not to say that those good with kids are also evil, only that there is no correlation whatsoever. Like you said, it's the ultimate propaganda play. More succinctly, if even the face of consummate evil can appear to be good with children for any reason (same with Stalin, who had plenty of propaganda shots like this), anyone can appear to be good with children for any reason.

I.... I was ... I was just trying to make a joke... In no way does being good with kids make Harrison a good hockey player.. But I would have him on the third pairing over Adolf Hitler that's for sure

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I.... I was ... I was just trying to make a joke... In no way does being good with kids make Harrison a good hockey player.. But I would have him on the third pairing over Adolf Hitler that's for sure

This is in the running for my favourite post of the year.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
san jose is that team that you dont remember, y'know? just like the charlottetown islanders

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Pavs deserves to start this game, I say. He played well last game and should get another chance.

But if Hutch plays, I wont be upset. I think he will pick it up again.

Yikes, you would wish that on someone? That is just plain torture :laugh:

Not very mod like behaviour. :laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
:(

Tough love! I think our current moderators are going soft! It's been DAYS since I cried because of something you guys said about me on here!

Jag vill inte prata med dig mer, du tomma huvuden djurfoder tråg torkare! Jag fiser i din allmänna riktning!

There. Don't say I never do anything for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad