Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp Bolland Kane
Bickell Shaw Stalberg
Carcillo Kruger Frolik

best line up of the season.

Best forward lineup - I agree.

We'll see about the d-lineup tonight, I prefer Roszival over Brookbank to be paired with Leddy and I prefer Crawford over Emery. But I guess that's kind of splitting hairs because there's not a huge difference between Roszival/Brookbank and Crawford/Emery.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I love the 4th line with Carcillo on it. Thats a lot of speed and skill on your 4th line. All 4 guys hustle their ***** off.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Saad needs to watch some tape of Andrew Ladd, the guy as we all know just has a nose for the net. Saad has the size and strength as Laddy, it's just watching Saad play he looks unsure about what kind of player he wants to be. I see him trying to beat guys one on one or go wide on D guys, I wanna see him go hard to the net, play with some jam. So many of Ladds goals here and on other teams were a result of tipped pucks, picking up garbage etc. We need Saad to be that guy.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Saad needs to watch some tape of Andrew Ladd, the guy as we all know just has a nose for the net. Saad has the size and strength as Laddy, it's just watching Saad play he looks unsure about what kind of player he wants to be. I see him trying to beat guys one on one or go wide on D guys, I wanna see him go hard to the net, play with some jam. So many of Ladds goals here and on other teams were a result of tipped pucks picking up garbage etc. We need Saad to be that guy.

He does drive the net.....after beating those d-men wide. ;)

I get what you're saying and agree to an extent, but he has the skill to do more than just be a net-guy. The spin of that is, he can do both. It'll come. But I don't want him being solely a garbage-goal type of guy. Nothing wrong with being that, but he can be more.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Saad needs to watch some tape of Andrew Ladd, the guy as we all know just has a nose for the net. Saad has the size and strength as Laddy, it's just watching Saad play he looks unsure about what kind of player he wants to be. I see him trying to beat guys one on one or go wide on D guys, I wanna see him go hard to the net, play with some jam. So many of Ladds goals here and on other teams were a result of tipped pucks, picking up garbage etc. We need Saad to be that guy.

Ladd had 11 points as a 20 year old rookie, so lets see how Saad looks after his first full season before we start making unfair comparisons. Look at how much better Kruger and Leddy are after a full season in the NHL

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
He does drive the net.....after beating those d-men wide. ;)

I get what you're saying and agree to an extent, but he has the skill to do more than just be a net-guy. The spin of that is, he can do both. It'll come. But I don't want him being solely a garbage-goal type of guy. Nothing wrong with being that, but he can be more.

Saad has a high skill set, but 2 goals and 2 points in 15 games while riding the top line all year is not enough. Hossa and Toews have a combined 29 points in 16 games. I'm pretty sure if he was positioned better at times he would have alot more points just by sheer association with those guys. I'm having a hard time seeing him stay up there all year on the first line I mean.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Ladd had 11 points as a 20 year old rookie, so lets see how Saad looks after his first full season before we start making unfair comparisons. Look at how much better Kruger and Leddy are after a full season in the NHL

Ladd was not playing with Toews and Hossa calibre players in Carolina nor getting the ice time.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
As long as the team keeps winning, and Toews and Hossa keep scoring, they wont move Saad. As soon as the team hits a rough patch though I wouldn't be surprised if Saad was one of the guys moved down the lineup.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Don't have a good feeling about this one. Hard to beat a team 3 consecutive times in a year. Especially a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad