Pre-Game Talk: Sharks @ Blackhawks, 02.22.13, 7:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
I don't know how Emery keeps pulling off wins. If you take an honest and objective look at the guy's abilities he's just not that good. He's slow as hell post to post and his positioning is questionable at times but somehow he's making the saves. I'm still baffled by it. I guess you can credit some of it to the team defense which has been the best since the Cup winning team but even still Emery is coming up with huge saves. I just don't get it.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don't get it either, but I'll take the wins for sure. The defense has been outstanding though, and like you said, he's come up big a few times too. Maybe the light workload suits him better (even though most goalies don't like it).

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I don't know how Emery keeps pulling off wins. If you take an honest and objective look at the guy's abilities he's just not that good. He's slow as hell post to post and his positioning is questionable at times but somehow he's making the saves. I'm still baffled by it. I guess you can credit some of it to the team defense which has been the best since the Cup winning team but even still Emery is coming up with huge saves. I just don't get it.

For the most part, his rebound control has been very good something both he and Crawford struggled with last year. He's done a good job of not having to go post to post by absorbing shots. He's also come up big in one on one situations, several big stops.

Nothingman*

Did you see him last game? Sometimes he looked gassed and struggled to get back on his skates. Like some old geezer. Maybe he needs more ham sandwiches.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Welcome the the HFBoards Hawks fanbase, where there's always something to complain about if you try really, really hard. :laugh:

Fire Bowman!

I thought maybe Emery would have earned a pass by now, given that even when Crow was not available, he still piled up Ws. Our backup goalie just bailed out our injured starter, is 6-0 on the year, and if you came around here you'd think he cost us a shot at the Cup...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I thought maybe Emery would have earned a pass by now, given that even when Crow was not available, he still piled up Ws. Our backup goalie just bailed out our injured starter, is 6-0 on the year, and if you came around here you'd think he cost us a shot at the Cup...

Trade Kane!

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Madhouse is right, there is little skill there, but he's getting everything he can out of it right now and the team is winning. It is stunning but it's happening so just enjoy the ride. I saw an interview with Andy Moog about 15 years ago. He said "I couldn't tell you how many times I wasn't exactly sure where the puck was and it just hit me. It's part of being a goalie."

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Emery played well against the Nucks. The first goal was soft and his positioning was questionable on the second goal, but he looked good for the most part. The backup goalie is 6-0. Be happy

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
35214101.jpg

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Esposito flopped around a lot as well. Emery is doing a stand up job. Perhaps critics would prefer to see Huet again. I think hes available. JK. Beauty plyon imitation Huet did on a wrap around.

Im all on board with Emery until he proves otherwise to me and he hasnt done that yet. We're rolling with Ray.

Cant wait for the Sharks.

member 151739

Emery has been solid. Is he the best backup? No. Is he technically sound? No. But he's winning games. 6-0.

Nothing to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad