Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Anthony Duclair from Florida for Steven Lorentz + 2025 5th rounder

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Wasn't someone complaining just the other day that Mike Grier hasn't "fleeced" anyone in a trade yet? Well here you go.

I love the idea of just giving Duke all of Timo's first line and PP minutes to juice his stats as much as possible for a deadline flip. Could probably end up with a 3rd or even 2nd round pick using that strategy.

Lorentz was a great find and I will honestly miss watching him. It's too bad he and Sturm don't fit the Sharks timeline because they're the kind of bottom six forwards we were always missing in the Thornton era. I think Lorentz will fit like a glove in Paul Maurice's relentless forechecking system. I'm sure it's not a coincidence Zito and co. targeted him.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I’m curious of Duclair’s mood at the moment. That first discussion with Grier could‘ve gave off a certain vibe. Pure conjecture.

I’m guessing Grier told him he’s going to get every chance to succeed on the Sharks and that they can decide together what’s best at the trade deadline: to trade him or to have him stay and be part of the rebuild.

Hey, if you count Eklund, we have 5 top 6 forwards now! If we just sign another, we may have a mildly watchable team!

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
This is a win in my book. Players like Lorentz are more common. Duclair could turn out to be a good player for us. His speed and scoring are a benefit.
I agree that the trade is a win, but I disagree that Lorentz is a guy you can find commonly. I think fourth line contributors like him are extremely valuable ( just not to a team in our position) and aren't always available . Florida is smart to get a player like him in exchange for someone more Expendable on their roster

Reactions: jMoneyBrah

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I agree that the trade is a win, but I disagree that Lorentz is a guy you can find commonly. I think fourth line contributors like him are extremely valuable ( just not to a team in our position) and aren't always available . Florida is smart to get a player like him in exchange for someone more Expendable on their roster
agreed! lorentz is certainly not a bum. the guy is just really solid. many of us complimented how our bottom-six was so solid last year compared to how awful our top-six was lol and lorentz contributed to that

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
Duclair is a good player and if he will be healthy we can get 2nd round pick. MG won this trade in vacuum.
But he will get us few more points during tank season. It`s more important than swap 5th for 2nd, IMHO. We need to pick as high as possible.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Duclair is a good player and if he will be healthy we can get 2nd round pick. MG won this trade in vacuum.
But he will get us few more points during tank season. It`s more important than swap 5th for 2nd, IMHO. We need to pick as high as possible.
The Sharks are going to be so much worse than everyone, it doesn't matter. All the other bottom teams improved from last season, and the Sharks lost their best forward, best goalie (not saying he was good), and will likely lose their best player, soon.

Philly, currently, is even improved with Couturier and Atkinson back. If they manage to move Hart and Konecny maybe they can be close, but even then.

Reactions: Cas

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
It wasn’t my intention to make Lorentz seem invaluable. He is of course, on a team such as Florida. They’re geared for the playoffs. I didn’t want to see him go, I would’ve liked to package something else.

Reactions: Sandisfan and teal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad