Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part IV‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Honestly, Burns could probably ask for $9m in free agency and it wouldn't be an absurd ask. If we could get him back below $7.5m then it'd be a bargain especially when a guy like Byfuglien is gonna make $7.6m starting next year.

Also, definitely can't compare Burns' next contract to Pavs and Logan's contracts seeing how those were signed a few years ago with a lower cap.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
I would trade pavs and couture way before trading burns.

Pavs won't be traded any time soon IMO. Couture too. Back to Burns he seems to fit the team perfectly and he does seem to love living out here so I could see him taking something like 5 years 37.5 if we end up staying competitive.

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Burns is staying. He already had to uproot his young family once and seems like a "roots" type guy. DW will get him taken care of.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Yeah, just to be clear, I think the only way Burns leaves is if McLellan really wants him in Edmonton, Burns is interested in going due to his relationship with McLellan, and Edmonton does make a truly ridiculous offer. Otherwise, I fully expect him to get extended, hopefully during this next offseason.

Edit: Probably time for the next thread, yes? heh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad