• Shane Wright

• Brad Lambert

• Too close to call

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How so? I haven't really watched either guy play enough to have much of a view at all....Shane played his minor hockey on the same teams my son now plays for, which would normally create some bias for me and it would if I had seen him during his time here and I starting tracking him....but oddly, I have no bias towards him.

If I'm simply looking at stats, the past 2 years:

- CHL - Wright 20gp, 15g, 37pts, Lambert - 27gp, 17g, 38pts
- AHL - Wright 57gp, 23g, 43pts, Lambert - 63pg, 20g, 44pts
- NHL - Wright has played games, Lambert has not.

Again, acknowledging my lack of watch much of either player, purely looking at stats does not suggest, to me anyway, that Lambert's track record has been better over the last 2 seasons......basically same goals and points in more games played and no NHL experience.
Wright was really not very good in the CHL last year (especially in the playoffs). The numbers are very misleading. I think anyone who watched both of them would agree that Lambert was much better in CHL play. And I think the same is probably true of their play in the AHL this season.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Wright was really not very good in the CHL last year (especially in the playoffs). The numbers are very misleading. I think anyone who watched both of them would agree that Lambert was much better in CHL play. And I think the same is probably true of their play in the AHL this season.
That's fair...can't say one way or another as I don't watch either guy....so purely looking at stats.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
That's fair...can't say one way or another as I don't watch either guy....so purely looking at stats.
Ironically, I think Wright and Lambert have been closer this year in the AHL than they were last year in the CHL, despite what the numbers suggest. Wright has taken some huge steps this year.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
As another stat watcher it stands out to me that Lambert leads his team in scoring while Wright has more help and is 5th/6th on his team in scoring. I also will acknowledge that points aren’t everything and how a player plays is more important than the results in minor leagues.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Thanks I googled this so now I know what it means, made my life so much richer.
IMG_0886.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad