Confirmed with Link: Shanahan, Dubas, Keefe all staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Completely flopped as an org as soon as they had to pay Toews and Kane market price. Not surprising.

Keeping the timelines of both teams' rebuilds straight, they paid market price to Kane/Toews on their second contracts (where we are now) and won an additional two Cups when they were the same age as the Leafs core is now..

At the same point in time the Leafs are now, Chicago won two Cups and 11 playoff rounds, whereas the Leafs have failed to win even a single round or play-in round to make the playoffs.

Wow, that's bad!

Basically, the only thing flopping here is your attempt to bash highly successful franchises to make yourself feel better about this loser team that Dubas keeps trotting out year after year.

Leafs in Four.

Reactions: egd27 and ToneDog

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
With our luck we will have to start worrying about who they chose with that 3rd rounder too

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Using past cup winners as example as well as players we let go stupidly who fit into the cap, explain to me why the cap left after the core 4 isn't enough to win a cup.

They simply do not know how to construct a roster. No depth who play like the cup is worth anything. Can't evaluate breakout players (playoffs) before the pay raise. Can't inject any ELC's into the lineup to support the team and when we finally have one worth playing they take him out. Never have a real 4th line. Skillsets throughout the roster is not balanced. Do I need to go on?

Core 4 was given them to them for free (big 3 drafted and JT wanted to play here since he was born), explain to me what exactly has management done besides giving our best players extensions? We don't even have proper goaltending department, and it showed.
I agree with all your points about roster construction however I don’t think there is enough money left over to address those needs you have identified. I feel that that quality of support players especially the goalie will be to high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad