- QF
wbe.gif
eliminated Belgium 2-1
- Top goalscorer(s): Ciro Immobile, Manuel Locatelli, Lorenzo Insigne - 2

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This Italian team is better than this Spain team.

Italy wins unless the Spinazzola injury unglues team.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Should be an Italian win but I'm curious if they take the counter-attacking approach since Spain can't defend very well against it or if they keep trying to push the pace and open themselves up to the counter.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This should be fun for the neutrals.

...I think I'd rather Italy move on...

...probably :laugh:

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Italy takes this. If there was no such thing as extra time, Spain have only one win and four draws.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Italy takes this - Better team allround.

Gonna be a England - Italy final, or Czechia - Italy final.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Spain have surprisingly not been impressive this tournament so far. You never know.

Their defense has been a massive disappointment and they are just as wasteful as one would expect from a team starting morata...but for significant stretches, their pressing has reminded of the way their previous generation could swarm the ball after a turnover.

You should still win given what a mess their defense has been & Morata, but they can pose a unique challenge compared to the other top sides at this tourney.

Last edited:

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Their defense has been a massive disappointment and they are just as wasteful as one would expect from a team starting morata...but for significant stretches, their pressing has reminded of the way their previous generation could swarm the ball after a turnover.

You should still win given what a mess their defense has been & Morata, but they can pose a unique challenge compared to the other top sides at this tourney.

It can go either way. I am not as anxious like the Belgium game.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I predicted Italy would win the tournament before it started and I am not going to change that now. They look very strong and are probably favorites to win the whole thing.

Reactions: Rob

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
The way Spain have managed to trip and stumble ass-backwards into the semis has been a truly impressive achievement.

The way things have gone for them, Italy will probably play their worst game of the tournament and Morata will only need one chance to score the winner

Reactions: luiginb

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Should be an Italian win but I'm curious if they take the counter-attacking approach since Spain can't defend very well against it or if they keep trying to push the pace and open themselves up to the counter.
I believe that Spain can be more dangerous, because even if Morata is not Lukaku he is a player who moves more on the whole offensive front. Lukaku is a beast but he is also a point of reference for the whole defense and today he was well controlled, and the midfielders were very good at limiting the insertions of the Belgian midfielders on Lukaku's possession. Honestly, Belgium disappointed me a bit, but I think mentally they weren't exactly convinced they could do it tonight.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I feel like Italy is the favourite this time around although Spain is one team you should never count out

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
This game makes me nervous. I know Spain haven’t been impressive and I even said that before the tournament this Spain roster looked shitty. Maybe it’s the allure of Spain, idk but if Italy can get through this game I’ll feel great about our chances no matter who is in the final on the other side.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Italy should win this game considering their talent and form, but I've noticed is that Spain is getting some great contributions by multiple players throughout this tournament in big moments. If that continues, I actually see them winning this game.

Reactions: The don godfather

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
This is the matchup that makes my family's blood boil. My side cheers for Italy, her side mostly cheers for Spain (except for her Italian cousin.)

Luckily, both Italians and Spaniards are known for being quiet, calm, nonargumentative and unemotional about literally f***ing everything.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
This is the matchup that makes my family's blood boil. My side cheers for Italy, her side mostly cheers for Spain (except for her Italian cousin.)

Luckily, both Italians and Spaniards are known for being quiet, calm, nonargumentative and unemotional about literally f***ing everything.

Hipefully you get the last laugh in this one.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

It happens. I am Neapolitan Juventus fan and my mother is a Montreal Boston Bruin fan. You should see the fights in family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad