Severson traded to Columbus

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
It wasn't so many years ago that our defensive players were poor. Now we have a stronger defense but still need improvement. We still could improve our goaltending unless we are going with Vanecek and Schmid in goal and except the defense to up their game. The defense must add at least one if not two good defensemen. Since Boston can't afford Dmitry Orlov and I don't see him returning to Washington, his desire, why not the Devils? Yeah, he is 31, but he still is a good defensemen we could use.
Keep up the good work, Fitz. Defense wins the Stanley Cup.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
On my way to Missoula Montana. Doing nice. Thank you.
While I wouldn't want to live there, Montana does have some of the most beautiful country around. I really need to go back to Glacier one of these summers. We used to go every couple of years but between the pandemic and people getting busy our family rarely all has the time off to do vacations anymore.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The amount of idiots on social media saying we lost the trade is hysterical. Holy shit there are some dumb f***s out there.

IMG_5844.png

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Sevs would make a good politician.

He sounds almost "genuine" in that he's happy to be a BlueJacket. :sarcasm:

(though I think his new contract is probably helping with him being happy, I guess)

He’s moved on. He got a new job.

Do you think players are lying when they say they’re excited to be a Devil?

People being dickish about this is just sad.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
They’re balanced out by the people saying they wouldn’t take Severson at league minimum so it’s a massive win to ship him out for anything.

It’s weird that so many people have suddenly forgotten that teams almost always get nothing for a UFA and no one gets 3rds for skaters.

My favorite was from the Trade Board:
3776F403-7786-4686-9C79-336EA569401C.jpeg

3D554153-9474-4ADD-8450-016F16CAC830.gif

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Happy for Severson. Adding Provorov and Severson suddenly makes a CBJ defence a bit better. Will miss Severson but there was no space left on RHD.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Sevo will be missed....Probably play top pair until Jiricek is ready and then slide to second pair .....Good job by Fitz to get anything for him and a third at that very good job Fitzy

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, so…….. that’s another horrible contract by Jarmo lol.

What a mess he’s making. This takes Severson until he’s 36 years old.

It will be fine in the short term though.

Imagine if Elvis sucks again? Tarasov played like a complete bum there last year too. He looked way too much like Elvis with all these horrible angle and leaky goals.

Some guy named Mackenzie Blackwood should be able to help rectify that situation.

And yes, very shrewd by Fitz to get a draft pick for him to give them the extra year that they couldn’t get if they signed him in UFA.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

Brodeur was mine. I started following hockey his rookie year but I did get an Elias all star jersey the year it was in Columbus. I loved seeing the Devils have success this year since we couldn’t. They were fun to watch.
Columbus is a very livable city for an NHL town and I’d think Damon would be happy to play there. There are good suburban neighborhoods to live maybe a 15 to 20 minute drive from Nationwide and on local streets and not interstates (areas around the Franklin Park Conservatory, little traffic if you go that direction), access to and from the airport is amazingly good and easy, again 20 minutes half an hour), no air traffic in the charter flights, good central geographic location so travel time in the air is better. Not sure what his family situation is but there, we’ve got his life well planned for him.

And the team may be a lot more competitive sooner than we think. Severson should be effective in a fluid attack with Laine, Werenski, Johnny Hockey, Jenner etc.

And 50 million dollars is sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad