OT: Severe Weather Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
latest GFS dumps on long island.....just depends on the changeover time...

crasherino

May 9, 2013
latest GFS dumps on long island.....just depends on the changeover time...

How we lookin for NYC? I'll be at a cocktail party in a little while. I'd like to sound all smug and know it all to these smug and know it all types and drop some knowledge on them about the impending weather.

What you got for me TK?

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
How we lookin for NYC? I'll be at a cocktail party in a little while. I'd like to sound all smug and know it all to these smug and know it all types and drop some knowledge on them about the impending weather.

What you got for me TK?

RLY depends on the changeover time....current models suggest like 4" for NYC but my hunch is that the changeover from rain to snow (already raining in spots) will happen a bit sooner than forecast (not dramatically so), but enough to give us the chance for some more snow...lets say 3-6"...possibly more depending on changeover time....

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
Mainly an east thing nassau could see up to 4in but 1-3 is more likely

Let's say it does dump east end. What are they looking at? Girlfriend is driving from Richmond to east end tomorrow super early am. Probably on the island via SI around 9-10

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
NWS has upped the Winter Weather Advisory to a Winter Storm Warning for Suffolk county and has nudged up snowfall totals all around, generally 3-6" in nassau and 4-8+ in suffolk, most by the east end....

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
NWS has upped the Winter Weather Advisory to a Winter Storm Warning for Suffolk county and has nudged up snowfall totals all around, generally 3-6" in nassau and 4-8+ in suffolk, most by the east end....

Team, what are you thinking for next week?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Here in Ronkonkoma, have to say about 5" of the heavy stuff so far.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
Here in Ronkonkoma, have to say about 5" of the heavy stuff so far.

" Better come in till this blows over.

What do you think, fella?

I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite awhile.

You're right. Anyway, the Good Lord would never disrupt the best game of my life."

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Welp, this storm "overperformed" as the lingo goes....Changeover happened early and models got wetter and wetter...always a recipe for maximul results...seems like 6-12" here on the island...last burst moving through nassau, snow should shut off in the next hour or two from west to east...east end will hang on for several more hours...

I love when it snows after it rains...the snow sticks to everything...like a flour bomb went off.. ..

As for the next storm...another complex scenario (nothing easy this winter)...i'll start focusing on it after this one is done lol

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Welp, this storm "overperformed" as the lingo goes....Changeover happened early and models got wetter and wetter...always a recipe for maximul results...seems like 6-12" here on the island...last burst moving through nassau, snow should shut off in the next hour or two from west to east...east end will hang on for several more hours...

I love when it snows after it rains...the snow sticks to everything...like a flour bomb went off.. ..

As for the next storm...another complex scenario (nothing easy this winter)...i'll start focusing on it after this one is done lol

Yep every branch is covered and hanging real low on my trees probably what's causing the power problems all over.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
All clear here in Manhattan. Sun is out, birds are chirping.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Meso models bringing Monday storm too close for comfort

I love this thread

this keeps happening this winter...models are like, nah its going east...then....it doesnt. Not exactly the same process, so I dont expect as much of a westward jog, but accumulating snows are now likely as a massive ocean storm throws some moisture back to long island....

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
this keeps happening this winter...models are like, nah its going east...then....it doesnt. Not exactly the same process, so I dont expect as much of a westward jog, but accumulating snows are now likely as a massive ocean storm throws some moisture back to long island....

Are we looking at Tuesday Wednesday or Monday Tuesday?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Check the hockey board for the weather forecast. Our lives are pretty sad. We need to get out more.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
light snow develops like 4-6am and continues rather steadily through the day. nothing heavy indicated (at this point), then tapers off and occasional periods of snow possible through wednesday as more impulses move through and give us periods of snow. few inches here, few inches there...more annoying than anything right now...

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
light snow develops like 4-6am and continues rather steadily through the day. nothing heavy indicated (at this point), then tapers off and occasional periods of snow possible through wednesday as more impulses move through and give us periods of snow. few inches here, few inches there...more annoying than anything right now...

Still reading the same? Or should we expect more? Keep getting Winter Weather Warnings on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad