Value of: Several players to Ottawa

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
"You see that there might be multiple teams that can add a forward, but you miss that there will also be multiple teams looking to move a forward so they don't lose them for nothing. It will be a buyers market leading into the expansion draft."
That is true and a good point.
However, overtaking that is that both Strome and Buchnevich are quality, if not premium, adds. So IMO if a team can reasonably swing it, I think they do.
I could be wrong, but in this instance, I only need to be correct once or twice max.

"Also, a 4th and garbage players like Howden and Kinkaid won't stop the Kraken from taking players they actually want. The fact you are so willing to make that deal should inform you that they won't be. The most prevalent thing available to an expansion team will be garbage players and they will have lots of opportunity for middling picks when they trade off some of their picks that don't fit on their roster."
Obviously they will prefer quality.
But there is quality and then there is quality.
MIN is believed to be someone Wild are at risk of losing.
That is a kind of high end acquistion that makes your point.

Gauthier, as I have explained, worst case scenario, will not be exposed.
Blackwell is the one at risk if that is the case.
A younger pivot as a development prospect + a pick Rooney + Kinkaid may not be the worst option, to look away from Blackwell.

We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad