Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones traded for Ryan Johansen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I was going to say the only downside is that Johansen is a UFA after next season (I could've sworn I saw that on General Fanager) but now they have him as an RFA. Is that true? Slam dunk trade if it is.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Now jettison Paul Gaustad & Eric Nystrom into the sun so we can roll:

Forsberg - Johansen - Neal
Wilson - Ribeiro - Smith
Salomaki - Fisher - Jarnkrok
Bourque - Sissons - Watson

I'd like to see that Wilson we've seen in past few games put with FF and RyJo, but man that 3rd line :eek:

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I am happy for you guys today. You get to see the scourge of the Predators traded. It is pretty cool to see a real 1C here....its been too long.

I am looking forward to seeing what RyJo can do here, and who will take up the 20-minute hole now left on D with Jones gone.

But the question I need to ask of you guys here on the Preds board: who is the next whipping boy? Will there be a poll or something? I appreciate it.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Welcome back to Nashville Anthony Bitetto. Everyone happy now they got the magical Centerman and gave up Seth.

I'm fine giving up Seth. How are we gonna afford him with all of our other needs? We can't have all of our money on defense, and we can always find a vet dman every single offseason. We always have.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Can anyone confirm the contract situation of RyJo at this point? I'm hoping we didn't just trade Jones for someone who could walk at the end of next season.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Welcome back to Nashville Anthony Bitetto. Everyone happy now they got the magical Centerman and gave up Seth.

Yeah, I'm plenty happy. It's not like Jones was lighting the world on fire on the 3rd pairing, and if necessary Poile can pick up a 3rd pairing RD cheap on the trade market.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Can a Preds fan talk me down? I really didn't want to lose Johansen.

Jones did fine at #1D when Weber went down in the first round against CHI last year.
One heck of a series with multiple OT's.

While I'm thrilled to fill a need, you guys won't be disappointed at all with Jones.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Jones did fine at #1D when Weber went down in the first round against CHI last year.
One heck of a series with multiple OT's.

While I'm thrilled to fill a need, you guys won't be disappointed at all with Jones.

Jones was pretty bad in the CHI series. On the ice for almost every Hawk goal... He was great for a stretch one season when there was an injury. Was it last year or the year before?

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Congrats Nashville fans. Nashville is going to get the attention they deserve from around the league. I have been a fan of Nashville for the past couple seasons. They have had a good team. Ryan Johanson is one of my favorite players to watch. I have been wishing he would go to a more enjoyable team to watch. Actually I have been wishing Nashville would trade a D for him for a year now. Really excited for the game Friday night!

-Wings fan

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I am so happy this finally happened. Feeling hope swell up in me like I haven't felt since we made it past the Redwings.

So happy with this deal. So happy I got to share the announcement about the trade with my brother over the phone as it was announced. After months and months of armchair gming back and forth, I am thankful I got to share that moment with him.

I don't know how anyone could hate this deal who is a Preds fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad