Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones traded for Ryan Johansen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
OH MY GOD IT HAPPENED !!!!! WE HAVE A #1C!! THANK YOU POILE!! I'M SO GLAD THAT THE BUZZ ON MY PHONE WAS THE NOTIFICATION VIA THE SMASHVILLE.APP!! How can I sleep after this???
I am having the same problem... Woke up to go for the toilet and checked the time, saw the trade. Gotta drive for whole day in 5 hours and all i feel now is excitement.

Sad to loose Jones, but number one center? Speechless.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Exciting trade for NSH! congrats.

I would love it so much if Laviolette put Johansen on the 2nd line just to mess with everyone.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Time to have some fun with line combinations now!

Forsberg-RyJo:)handclap:)-Jarnkrok
Smith-Ribiero-Neal
Salomaki-Fisher-Wilson
Nystrom-Gaustad-Watson
Bourque (IR), Arvy, Hodgson

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
Pretty happy with this as I feared Poile would never be able to keep Jones around when his contract was up (yes, I know he would be an RFA). Will be interesting to see when his Mom takes to Twitter in a bit .... wonder how she'll react considering she's likely moving from Nashville to Columbus?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Now jettison Paul Gaustad & Eric Nystrom into the sun so we can roll:

Forsberg - Johansen - Neal
Wilson - Ribeiro - Smith
Salomaki - Fisher - Jarnkrok
Bourque - Sissons - Watson

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Time to bring up Fiala as well and try to jump start that offense once and for all. This tradr was just perfect for both sides, it made too much sense. Of course, a bit sad to lose a great player but we had no room for him and we really needed this. Thank you, Poile.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Most of credits to Poile. What a move by him almost everyone saying we won this deal and for him to step out from his comfort zone, just wow. So happy for the future of this franchise. Forsberg, Josi, RyJo, Fiala, Kamenev, Ekholm, Ellis, Saros. Bright future ahead of us, guys. Even if we don't succeed this season.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Poile once again proves he isn't nearly as gun shy as people here claim he is. Thrilled that he pulled the trigger here. What a day.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm torn on this because I do think Jones will be great. But we all know he just wasn't going to grow quickly with us getting 3rd pairing minutes. And frankly the reality is we all wanted a #1C prospect instead of a #1D prospoect when we drafted him anyway.

Now let's just hope RyJo works out for us.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Welcome back to Nashville Anthony Bitetto. Everyone happy now they got the magical Centerman and gave up Seth.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I've always watched Forsberg and seen a lot of Corey Perry in his game and now we add a big right handed kid in the middle? Anyone just connect the dots? Do we have the next Perry/Getzlaf combo up front?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad