Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones traded for Ryan Johansen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've heard the players refer to him as Joey.

I call him Johansen. "Ryan" is Ellis to me, though in a game I'd refer to him by his full name. Same with most of the players. My friend Bryan always laughs at that because my mom voice comes out. "JamesNeal...score a goal NOW"

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Why the **** is there an article on the FRONT PAGE OF NHL.com titled "Johansen: 'I wish I was still a blue jacket'"??

This type of **** is why I hate journalism. They completely took a quote out of context to get click bait. I'll admit to have clicked on it to see if Joey hates Nashville. However if you actually read the article you'll understand the context and the point Joey was actually trying to make.

What's ridiculous is he quotes "I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way..."
But it does get taken out of context and spun the wrong way. Now NHL.com is spreading rumors that "Johasen wants to be traded from Nashville"
Unbelievable. I'm going to sleep.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Why the **** is there an article on the FRONT PAGE OF NHL.com titled "Johansen: 'I wish I was still a blue jacket'"??

This type of **** is why I hate journalism. They completely took a quote out of context to get click bait. I'll admit to have clicked on it to see if Joey hates Nashville. However if you actually read the article you'll understand the context and the point Joey was actually trying to make.

What's ridiculous is he quotes "I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way..."
But it does get taken out of context and spun the wrong way. Now NHL.com is spreading rumors that "Johasen wants to be traded from Nashville"
Unbelievable. I'm going to sleep.
Yeah I just read that. Clickbait at best. Basically just saying he "wishes he was still in Columbus" because that would mean they were on track for a better season and things didn't fall apart from the get go. I'm sure in some ways Jones wishes he was still here too. I think Johansen has made it abundantly clear that he likes being in Nashville.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
While I don't think it meant anything serious, it's that kind of ******** you have to know as a player is going to be used against you in the court of PR. It wasn't a smart thing to say and I think he is going to have to address it at some point.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
So Joey shouldn't have said 'I wish I was still a Blue Jacket'. His agent needs to sit him down, show Joey that article, and explain why that was a bad idea.

Joey loves to play and loves to play for this team based on what I've seen and what his teammates have said.

This article pisses me off, because it really makes Joey look bad. Check out the picture used on the NHL.com front page. Johansen is creepily looking at the other centerman. Then click the article, and they posted a similar picture of him about to take a faceoff, but instead he looks pretty normal.

It's not like this article is a big deal. It's not like this is the first time a journalist has spun a story the wrong way with a catchy headline. However it's really annoying and deceptive.

On an unrelated note: everyone should watch the Colorado/Minnesota game!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hah yah I can tell by the look on his face during games that he absolutely hates this team.

That's a good way as a reporter to never get any player to talk to you again.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hah yah I can tell by the look on his face during games that he absolutely hates this team.

That's a good way as a reporter to never get any player to talk to you again.

It's why so many players just give canned vanilla answers. If a player is candid it can be manipulated.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Forget about Vancouver. Johansen going back to Columbus confirmed.
And thus is Kekalainen's diabolical master plan revealed!
mwahaha.gif

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
RyJo wishes things had gone better with his old team so he could have stayed there, succeeded, not moved, etc. Totally fair to say. I don't think it means he's unhappy to be here. Complete non-story IMO.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Go to sportsclubstats and look at the season long chance to make playoffs. Note the Johansen trade was early Jan

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I don't have a problem with what Johansen said, and I think it is admirable that he said it. What kind of pro would he be if he had not wished CBJ played better and was in a playoff spot with him? Granted you have to read the article and not the headline, but there is nothing wrong with what he said.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
It's why so many players just give canned vanilla answers. If a player is candid it can be manipulated.

I always liked the :"i blocked shots, it's fun !" ... they can t say the truth : "it's my job and i have no choice ! Coz it's very painfull".

(Before the olympic games, Josi was asked this on Swiss TV, and in regards of Weber and his rocket shot ... he said that, very regretfully he had no choice, but to try to block it")

Dealing with journalists is often painfull. And Johannsen obviously enjoys Nashville. And he definitely enjoys playing for a playoff participant. Probably, wanting to dodge the later point and hurting his previous fans, he ended up saying that he enjoyed playing for a team that was on the rise.

With journalists, you have to apply the same cautious stance than when you speak with a woman.allways measure the full extent of what you say and what it can mean with another mindset than yours.

Because, like with a woman, it is likely to go public.
:laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This thread is still a thing? Should we start a Joey observation thread instead? Jones is gone.
It's just thread reuse. That's a good thing. Do we really need that many threads? We should be happy with the ones we have! Why must we insist on this profligate overuse of our message board resources? It's shameful! There are children starving in Africa for lack of sufficient discussion fora! :shakehead
for the record I don't actually care that much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad