Seth Jones Power Play

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Hawks fans complained for years about Keith on the point and now it's Seth. It is up to the coaching staff to get the players moving around and to take what the ops give you. It is so easy to call it from living room chairs, however. It also helps immensely to have the talent to execute, something the current roster is lacking.
Y'know, for a guy who spends a lot of time talking about hockey, you sure seem to have a problem with people talking about hockey.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Y'know, for a guy who spends a lot of time talking about hockey, you sure seem to have a problem with people talking about hockey.
Am I wrong? Probably the Hawks best Dman ever, Keith, was constantly chastised about his PP play on this board. To me, it proves just how difficult it is to quarterback a PP in the NHL.

Reactions: Crow

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Am I wrong? Probably the Hawks best Dman ever, Keith, was constantly chastised about his PP play on this board. To me, it proves just how difficult it is to quarterback a PP in the NHL.
It's really not about you being right or wrong, it's about you not being able to voice your own opinion without telling others theirs doesn't count.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I haven't noticed it myself .... but does Seth realize ops are keying on Bedard and things can open up if he doesn't feed him when it isn't the best play?

Nah, it takes away from the narrative.
While I feel a little dirty for agreeing, the opposition (to me) does appear to be over playing the pass to Bedard.
This seems to have opened up shooting lanes for Jones.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
While I feel a little dirty for agreeing, the opposition (to me) does appear to be over playing the pass to Bedard.
This seems to have opened up shooting lanes for Jones.
It has always done that this season. Seth has always gotten his looks. He just has a tendency to bury it in shinpads instead of changing up the angle to get it on net. KK doesn't have as good a shot as SJ, but he's light years better at getting it through to the net.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I'm not sure why you always go to this silliness. For one, everyone is watching the same game that the coach is, so if we see something, he definitely should. For two, a very large number of people on here have played high level hockey for a large chunk of their lives. It's not like this is a bunch of random fans talking about this stuff...
you got 5 point in mens league.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I'm not sure why you always go to this silliness. For one, everyone is watching the same game that the coach is, so if we see something, he definitely should. For two, a very large number of people on here have played high level hockey for a large chunk of their lives. It's not like this is a bunch of random fans talking about this stuff...

based on what I saw at the one rat skate the board had about 14 years ago, the bold does NOT check out :laugh:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
We've had people legitimately claim their Men's League teammates could make plays that 5x NHL All Star Seth Jones did not make and also imply that Jason Dickinson, with 1,653 NHL faceoff wins in his career, has never learned proper faceoff technique, so I think that speaks to a certain level of delusion from some "high level hockey" players here about their own abilities/coaching acumen.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
based on what I saw at the one rat skate the board had about 14 years ago, the bold does NOT check out :laugh:

Haha. Fair enough. I guess I should have said a large number of the more "regular" posters have.

We've had people legitimately claim their Men's League teammates could make plays that 5x NHL All Star Seth Jones did not make and also imply that Jason Dickinson, with 1,653 NHL faceoff wins in his career, has never learned proper faceoff technique, so I think that speaks to a certain level of delusion from some "high level hockey" players here about their own abilities/coaching acumen.

You are the king of taking things out of context and/or not understanding hyperbole and exaggeration... something that is very common on sports message boards.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Some of what was said you are kind of twisting, but I agree, people here think they know more than coach Q did too, you get that on every board.

Reactions: ello

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Some of what was said you are kind of twisting, but I agree, people here think they know more than coach Q did too, you get that on every board.
Yeah I think the reference is mainly to when Jones looked off Bedard on that Kane OT winner and people were saying that the pass would've been really difficult to make which is why Jones didn't make it/see the lane and then in response posters said that "even guys in my beer league could've made that pass if they wanted to".

I dont think posters were making those claims out of nowhere and frankly, i mean, that lane to Bedard was wide open....

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017

Keith was an elite defender for years.

Not all elite defenders can QB a powerplay, and Duncan Keith was proof positive of that, especially toward the end of his tenure in Chicago.

Don't get me wrong, 2015 playoffs Keith played the best overall defense I had ever seen a player play. On the PP however, he was PP2 caliber.

Once again, this is not to take anything away from the guy because he was f***ing amazing. I've just seen better powerplay QBs. Most, if not all of the time, they couldn't hold candle to Dunc's overall play. That's just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad