Seth Jarvis Breakout Incoming

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
He gets top line time and top PP time. Is he really above average for those opportunities given?

74th in PPG among forwards , so he's in that range but he has a pretty good team around him

Necas is 0.7 PPG on the second line 2nd PP. Flip them around and Jarvis is below 0.7

He's definitely not better than a healthy Svech also
Large majority of he season he was actually playing with Staal on the third line, and producing. Has only been getting top line time since around the trade deadline.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He gets top line time and top PP time. Is he really above average for those opportunities given?

74th in PPG among forwards , so he's in that range but he has a pretty good team around him

Necas is 0.7 PPG on the second line 2nd PP. Flip them around and Jarvis is below 0.7

Who is arguing he's better than Svech?

Jarvis plays a completely different game than Necas. The goals he scores on the PP is because he is a net front presence. Necas shoots from the half wall after skating around the defenders and making them dizzy.

He's not as skilled as either of those guys (although he does have really good hands) but he plays a more complete game as well. He's the type of player I could see transitioning to C if required.

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019

I don’t agree. Jarvis is probably the 2nd or 3rd most important forward on Carolina just solely based on his complete game. He reminds me of Mark Stone and I think he should get some selke votes.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The Guentzel trade really helped him take off. Not that he wasn't producing before, but just adding that extra offensive talent to that line took so much attention away from him that it opened up space for him to work, and he has gone on an absolute tear ever since.

Reactions: Eegs and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad