Post-Game Talk: Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
They're a gross team, not entertaining and not sympathetic. I don't understand how anyone outside of Nashville could root for them.

Because they're a relatively new successful team. Everyone loves to root for the "new guys" like the 2003 Ducks. But if they have too much success that's when the narratives and hate comes out (i.e. dirty ducks, diving pens, etc.)

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Because they're a relatively new successful team. Everyone loves to root for the "new guys" like the 2003 Ducks. But if they have too much success that's when the narratives and hate comes out (i.e. dirty ducks, diving pens, etc.)

Yeah. I remember all the stories about how Anaheim was the exception to the sunbelt failure "rule," and how it was so great that we switched from the cartoon logo, and brought back the ethos of the Broad Street Bullies, etc. Ah, how things change... Now we average 12 fans a game, were better as the Mighty Ducks, and the team is dirty.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Yeah. I remember all the stories about how Anaheim was the exception to the sunbelt failure "rule," and how it was so great that we switched from the cartoon logo, and brought back the ethos of the Broad Street Bullies, etc. Ah, how things change... Now we average 12 fans a game, were better as the Mighty Ducks, and the team is dirty.

Don't forget the whole organization is classless (I honestly cringe every time I read classless on this message board, should be a filtered word)

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Don't forget the whole organization is classless (I honestly cringe every time I read classless on this message board, should be a filtered word)

So this happened to me yesterday: I got lectured by a kings fan (my cousin) who basically said the Ducks organization, by virtue of their Captain's open mic comments, is a homophobic organization as opposed to the kings organization whose former captain (Brown) and another player made a PSA for the NHL's "You Can Play" campaign. 1) There is no evidence that Getzlaf's comments are a true reflection of Ducks' organization as a whole; 2) I don't need no stinkin' lecture from a fan of an organization that had a drug culture (Stoll and his LV hot tub kings' crew, Richards) and a culture of abuse against women (Voynov, Hardy, Corvo).

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
So this happened to me yesterday: I got lectured by a kings fan (my cousin) who basically said the Ducks organization, by virtue of their Captain's open mic comments, is a homophobic organization as opposed to the kings organization whose former captain (Brown) and another player made a PSA for the NHL's "You Can Play" campaign. 1) There is no evidence that Getzlaf's comments are a true reflection of Ducks' organization as a whole; 2) I don't need no stinkin' lecture from a fan of an organization that had a drug culture (Stoll and his LV hot tub kings' crew, Richards) and a culture of abuse against women (Voynov, Hardy, Corvo).

Doughty as well

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

No offense, but your cousin sounds like an idiot.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
As nice as it is to see Nashville lose the first two games of the final, it's frustrating to see the preds get called for the cheap crap they pull when last round it was all let go.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
As nice as it is to see Nashville lose the first two games of the final, it's frustrating to see the preds get called for the cheap crap they pull when last round it was all let go.

Exactly. Hardly a peep was made about Neal's ******** slew foot on Rakell on tv as well.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Ducks play rough game, and have such reputation, therefore refs let stuff go that they don't necessarily let go against other teams that don't play such style, it's the nature of the beast.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Ducks play rough game, and have such reputation, therefore refs let stuff go that they don't necessarily let go against other teams that don't play such style, it's the nature of the beast.

regardless those should have been called. I still stand by my belief that had a couple blatant calls been made against nashville in our series, their tying goal shouldnt have happened in one of the games (we'd have been on the PP with a 1 goal lead with less than a min to go) and they would have been drowning in the penalty box the last couple games.

but yeah, its the nature of the beast.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
So they are 17-3 at home last 2 post seasons and all 3 loses came to anaheim... thats kinda cool.

so kind of like the chicago series, we were the only team the "would be" stanley cup champions had "difficulty" in facing right? chicago went through tampa bay so easy, and looks like the preds flipped a switch against pittsburgh.

oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad