Post-Game Talk: Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
To think that in game 2 the first goal for the ducks was vatmans slapper from the right faceoff dot with a torn labrum. With that said I'm going with it's his left shoulder that's torn and not his shooting shoulder

Wasn't it his right one that got slammed into the boards(vs Flames?) that put him out for a few games? Cortisone is a wonderful short term drug.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We were actually very very very very very close to drawing Nashville in the 1st round. Another 1st round exit would have been brutal.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
We were actually very very very very very close to drawing Nashville in the 1st round. Another 1st round exit would have been brutal.

I'd give anything to flip that 60/40 coin again. Only a 4^2 / 10^2 = 16% chance Nashville wins it twice.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Wasn't it his right one that got slammed into the boards(vs Flames?) that put him out for a few games? Cortisone is a wonderful short term drug.

Does wonderful things to your joint long term, too. Even when used once, but when used repeatedly it's truly wonderful.

Of course, when I say wonderful, I mean horrible.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Does wonderful things to your joint long term, too. Even when used once, but when used repeatedly it's truly wonderful.

Of course, when I say wonderful, I mean horrible.

I fully understand the dangers and in no way advocate for it's abuse. I've had my share of cortisone shots. Short term it can be a miracle drug. I was merely pointing out that it's not impossible that Sami could have his slapper back for a short amount of time until the cortisone wears off. I have no doubt many athletes do similar to get through the playoffs.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I fully understand the dangers and in no way advocate for it's abuse. I've had my share of cortisone shots. Short term it can be a miracle drug. I was merely pointing out that it's not impossible that Sami could have his slapper back for a short amount of time until the cortisone wears off. I have no doubt many athletes do similar to get through the playoffs.

Oh, I'm not arguing that at all, it's clearly what was going on, and not just with him. Cogliano literally said as much.

I was just commenting on how bad it is for you to put cortisol into a joint.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Oh, I'm not arguing that at all, it's clearly what was going on, and not just with him. Cogliano literally said as much.

I was just commenting on how bad it is for you to put cortisol into a joint.

I think if players are doing it just to get through the playoffs I would agree with you 100%. It's the wrong reason to inject. But my experience with multiple orthopedic injuries (many ultimately needing surgery) is that an initial shot can bring relief and sometimes is all you need. (Rare, but it does happen.) Other times it doesn't fix the problem, but it pinpoints the exact area that does or does not have the problem, thereby giving the surgeon a better road map to follow for the surgery. I beleive the rule of thumb is no more than 3 injections into the same joint within a 12 month period. I don't think I've ever had more than one in the same location. But they have brought some serious relief. Too bad they don't last.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think if players are doing it just to get through the playoffs I would agree with you 100%. It's the wrong reason to inject. But my experience with multiple orthopedic injuries (many ultimately needing surgery) is that an initial shot can bring relief and sometimes is all you need. (Rare, but it does happen.) Other times it doesn't fix the problem, but it pinpoints the exact area that does or does not have the problem, thereby giving the surgeon a better road map to follow for the surgery. I beleive the rule of thumb is no more than 3 injections into the same joint within a 12 month period. I don't think I've ever had more than one in the same location. But they have brought some serious relief. Too bad they don't last.

Cortisol when injected into a joint has immediate degradative effects on the cartilage, and while it relieves pain and inflammation, it also accelerates osteoarthritis. First time in some studies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Cortisol when injected into a joint has immediate degradative effects on the cartilage, and while it relieves pain and inflammation, it also accelerates osteoarthritis. First time in some studies.

Unfortunately, so can the accidents that put one in a position to possibly be injected. Torn labrums and menisci are a good start towards osteoarthritis. Come to think of it, living life to its fullest can be a precursor to osteoarthritis or worse. :laugh:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yeah, Pittsburgh's speed always causes problems for us, though I think the Oilers series showed that we could at least counter it enough to win.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Stop it, you'll go blind.

60878400.jpg

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
Running the goalie

I didn't get much time to watch your last series.. *it was my catch up on sleeping day *. Did you find the Preds ran ur goalie often? Having Neal On my team a few years...I know he likes to ride the line haha

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I didn't get much time to watch your last series.. *it was my catch up on sleeping day *. Did you find the Preds ran ur goalie often? Having Neal On my team a few years...I know he likes to ride the line haha

Oh yeah, quite often. They had two goals in like a minute or two waived off because of it the one game. Worked for them as well so I imagine it'll continue.

DuckDude

Mar 16, 2017

Well yeah I mean how do you think Gibson got injured? Id say a lot of his problems probably came from all those runs they took at him, and Gibson is pretty fragile to begin with.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
The preds continued their streak of running goalies
Yup.. and yet everyone wants to pretend they are saints. I'm glad officiating and puck luck went against them tonight, got a taste of their own medicine. Pens aren't going to play that bad again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad