Prospect Info: Sergei Murashov, 118th overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Eh, I wouldn't have considered any of the Russians that weren't physically on "safe" soil. But seems like a pick that's not going to be seen for a while anyway.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
MHL numbers are great but that’s still a couple rungs below the KHL. No U18 so probably wasn’t even scouted by a lot of teams.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm just going to infer from this that our scouts didn't like any of the available skaters.

You know....because Lindberg, Blomqvist & Gauthier aren't enough. So hopefully we can draft 2 or 3 more goalies with our remaining picks :facepalm:

What issue do you have with this 4th round pick?

I think even if we don't have any legitimate issues, we're supposed to manufacture issues to complain about.

Reactions: Factorial and Jacob

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
What issue do you have with this 4th round pick?

Call me crazy, but drafting what I deem as the most important position, a center would be nice from time to time. Maybe this goalie is the best pick in the draft, who knows. But I'm still looking for signs that Hextall knows how to build a team. Based on his time here and in philly I'm quite convinced the man doesn't have a clue.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'm just gonna say one thing, Igor Shesterkin was also picked 118th.
This is a whatever pick regardless...but ya Russian goalies are an interesting bunch so maybe in 5 years...who knows?

I highly doubt a skater with this pick would be any more helpful.

Just throw darts at the end of the draft and hope you find a guy that breaks out years down the line.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I do think it's a bit odd that a team loaded with goalies took a goalie, but given how important it is to have one and how hard it is to find one that's consistent, I'm okay with piling them high.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I do think it's a bit odd that a team loaded with goalies took a goalie, but given how important it is to have one and how hard it is to find one that's consistent, I'm okay with piling them high.
I believe their goal is to find one that becomes a superstar so theyre adding quantity. Hextall, a former goalie, cares very deeply of the position.

It'd be nice to have a stream of great goaltending then offloading once they ask for large raises and replace with the next up and Comer.

Goes with my philosophy. Never pay a goalie big money.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Murashov is the Russian goalie right behind Mayorov. He’s smaller at 6’0”, but I think time is showing that to not be the most important thing as long as they have skills to make up for it. His .927 sv% in 41 games is second behind Mayorov for their age group in the MHL. It’s a bit behind him, but in more games played which I do think can matter. He’s also just a bit older, with an April 1st, 2004 birthday so still one of the younger goalies I will include on this list.

In terms of his analytics, Murashov rates out as average for his vertical and horizontal movement speed compared to his peers. In terms of his save percentage by danger level, he rates out similar to Mayorov in terms of being among the leaders in all three, and very close to the top leader in specifically low danger shots. For rebound rates, Murashov is very good at not giving up rebounds on high danger shots but weaker for low danger shots relative to others. Overall, according to InStat Murashov is one of the top goalies in this draft for save percentage relative to expected save percentage. They don’t have data for all leagues/levels though, so I would not put too much stock into it.
From the web. Idk what it means, but it’s info

Reactions: Jacob and Peat

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Someone cared enough to write some stuff and make a free tape of an obscure Russian goaltender. He can’t be the worst goalie prospect ever.

Reactions: Kipper933

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad