Value of: Sergachev back to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
I hated the trade Sergachev for Drouin from the start. Sergachev is in my opinion the missing piece on Habs defense. Well I know the price would be high to get him back and without Suzuki everyone is available. Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Guhle, Romanov, picks. What would it take to trade for him on draft day?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I hated the trade Sergachev for Drouin from the start. Sergachev is in my opinion the missing piece on Habs defense. Well I know the price would be high to get him back and without Suzuki everyone is available. Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Guhle, Romanov, picks. What would it take to trade for him on draft day?
Just a thought exercise since no such deal would ever send him back. but Tampa should ask for Romanov and Caufield.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Montreal aren't trading the players you suggest.

Reactions: Mandala

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
Why would Tampa trade him for futures? They have one cup and are primed for more. Your team/GM screwed up that deal and there is no fixing it.
There's a thing called salary cap. And I said on draft day so they can have him for this years playoffs.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Should have send him an offer sheet a few months ago
Doubt he signs an offer sheet to a team that traded him away. Maybe if they jacked up the salary to where nobody can say no.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Tampa likely is never letting Serg go. Guy signed a team friendly deal so they can compete for the next few seasons while keeping their core (mostly) intact.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Barring a massive overpayment, I don't see why Tampa would trade Sergachev. They've signed him to a value contract, they're well situated to retain him, and plan on contending in the near-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille