Post-Game Talk: Sens Win Super League Cup over Price's Team

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
That line right here: Hoffman-Turris-Stone

Is absolutely insane. They are so fun to watch and Turris finally gets some more creative guys to play with. I hope they keep this line together but then again they might want to even out the first two lines to get production out of both. I'm not sure what to think about Zib and Ryan right now, it's just preseason but they've been invisible when the other guys have been phenomenal.

It could help if they put Mac with Zib and Ryan maybe when the season starts.

Right now, and from midway point of last season I'd give Stone 7M and Ryan 3M. Stone has just been THAT much better than Ryan in every single way possible, it's not even funny.

And I love what Wideman brings to the lineup. He deserves to get his fair share of games.

BigBush*

How about Hoffman tonight? His skating and shot looks even better then last year. So much confidence

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
How about Hoffman tonight? His skating and shot looks even better then last year. So much confidence

I have always been skeptical about about Hoffman and even when he was producing last year. I have to say I've been impressed with how he's looked so far this preseason. Again, that Hoff-Turret-Stoner line is ridiculous. If somehow we can get that 2nd line going we'll be in business.

If Hoffman plays like he did in preseason for the better part of next season I'd have not problem in the Sens paying him the big bucks.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

He's like he was last year but x10 lol best way I can describe it. He's making happen every shift instead of just maybe once a game

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
So we were down 18 shots to 4 at some point in the 1st...

I don't care that we've beaten Montreal both times, the fact is we've managed about 40 shots over both games... That's simply not enough, it's an embarrassingly low amount in fact - and it was the same problem last year. What did Gretzky say, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Boy let's hope Methot is healthy this year, we still need a top4 D.

I get Weircioch has a ok first pass and some skills on offense but on defense he's slow in decision making and he's an awful skater, please never again put him 3on3.

Stone and Hoffman daaaaaaaaaaaamn!

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I've been thinking I'm too optimistic all summer that Mark Stone could very well be in the top 10 for scoring this year. He's making me say it out loud now.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I love reading all of the "Habs owned the Sens", "It'll be soooo much different in the regular season", etc. comments.

They're so insecure after they lose to us.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I love reading all of the "Habs owned the Sens", "It'll be soooo much different in the regular season", etc. comments.

They're so insecure after they lose to us.

You know what I love about Habs fans ? Nothing.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
So we were down 18 shots to 4 at some point in the 1st...

I don't care that we've beaten Montreal both times, the fact is we've managed about 40 shots over both games... That's simply not enough, it's an embarrassingly low amount in fact - and it was the same problem last year. What did Gretzky say, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

They looked very "Paul Maclean-ish" as a team...Bad habits creeping back in?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Whatever happens this season I will always remind the good people in Montreal about the two times we beat them in the pre season.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Loved O'Connor's game...looked like a true pro. He's so big, and long-armed...he looks like a big OCTOPUS in Sens gear. I hope he gets a real game before going back to Bingo.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I'm pleasantly surprised...that Smith has shown some offensive touch lately. And Neil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad