GDT: Sens vs Winnipeg Jets 8:00 Pm Tuesday TSN3 & TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I like Wideman's game. I think the Cowen - Wideman pair has potential to be good as a third pairing. Even if one falters, we got Boro to step in.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Pageau never gave up on the play, no matter how impossible Ryan's passing angle became.

He's got good instincts.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How was hammond? I only caught the last 3 goals.

No chance on the first and third, i think even though the second goal went off a skate thats a 50/50 play. Hammond needs to come across and cover the bottom of the net, no holes. The point of that play is to make the shooter get it up, he didnt have to.

They gave Scheifele two open looks right down main street hammond was 50% on the two chances I dont think thats too bad.

It was on the team to put this one away, they outplayed them badly through 2 periods and had chances to ice it in the third. Puemple had no puck luck tonight.

This team lacks a killer instinct, but honestly I was really happy with how they played. Its the process not the result right now and they were clearly the better team. Better on transition better puck movement.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like Wideman's game. I think the Cowen - Wideman pair has potential to be good as a third pairing. Even if one falters, we got Boro to step in.

Or Boro Wideman

I dont think its defined who the superior player will be Boro or Cowen. Boro brings a physical element Cowen does not and when Neil isnt in the lineup they will need someone that can drop the mits or take the physical element to the next level.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I remember reading in an interview very recently, that one of the reasons for O'Connor coming here is on the promise that the Sens won't rush him and will give him AHL time to settle down.

Nice to see a young player actually accept the fact they need to go to the AHL to hone their skills.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I think most people are fine with Cowen taking his ice and skating it in when the oppurtunity arises, (which he did a couple of times nicely last night), the sketchy decisions is his stickhandling at the blueline trying to dance people laterally..

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I think most people are fine with Cowen taking his ice and skating it in when the oppurtunity arises, (which he did a couple of times nicely last night), the sketchy decisions is his stickhandling at the blueline trying to dance people laterally..

Exactly. There were a few times he just tried to be Karlsson, and it was extremely cringeworthy/heart attack inducing.

Dude just needs to realize his limitations and play within himself. As soon as he does that, I believe he'll become a very good player.

Overall, I really liked his game last night. He was getting pucks through to the net in the offensive zone, and he was active in the defensive zone.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
With Karlsson, Wiercoch,Ceci, and Wideman, we could potentially have one of the best puck-moving bluelines.

Which is a great change from the last couple years. I think that was one of the main reasons why we were giving up so many shots and getting hemmed in our zone a lot.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's not complicated, Cowen literally needs to copy Methot. That's it.

Two guys on our blueline delivering Youtube worthy hip checks would be pretty sweet.

I've been happy with what I've seen from Cowen this preseason. Hope he and Wideman stick together for the season. Could be a pretty dynamic pairing.

Wiercioch2Karlsson

Sep 13, 2010
Two guys on our blueline delivering Youtube worthy hip checks would be pretty sweet.

I've been happy with what I've seen from Cowen this preseason. Hope he and Wideman stick together for the season. Could be a pretty dynamic pairing.

Did JC not play most of his junior career and have great chemistry with Jared Spurgeon, another 5'9" offensively-minded RHD PMD? Just saying...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How did Wideman look? Thinking he'll make the opening roster?

Missed last nights game

I thought he looked pretty good.

He has confidence on the offensive side of things which is nice to have on the bottom pairing. I remember him unloading a quick slapper on net at one point with no hesitation. It means that cycles back to the point might result in something as opposed to when Boro and Gryba were back there.

On the defensive side of things, I can't really comment too much. I'll have to watch more closely.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Murray basically said that Cowen-Borowiecki will be a pairing on opening night. Wideman is the 7th.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Murray basically said that Cowen-Borowiecki will be a pairing on opening night. Wideman is the 7th.

Which would be too bad as Wideman has outplayed both of those in camp in my opinion. But I see why. They need guys to PK. With Wideman in who kills penalties? Methot, Cowen/Boro, Ceci and ???

Maybe Karlsson, but he's playing a lot of minutes already.

Othello*

Cowen - Boro has the potential to be worse than the Boro - Gryba pairing.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Which is a great change from the last couple years. I think that was one of the main reasons why we were giving up so many shots and getting hemmed in our zone a lot.

Yes, because three of the Defensemen are too slow, with poor acceleration in their first three strides. One of those is now gone (Gryba), but we still have two left (Cowen and Wiercioch).

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen -Wideman
Boro

From
Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba

oh the mobility .

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Thing is, he also needs to try those things every now and then if he's ever to reach his potential

He remains a work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad