Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Red Wings in Sweden, Thursday 2:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I assume they are playing on Olympic size ice at Aviici arena, wonder if they had a practice at Sensplex Olympic sheet before they left.
Definitely will be an adjustment, I can’t see them changing the pad for 4 games.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Definitely will be an adjustment, I can’t see them changing the pad for 4 games.

I meeeaaan, I can, they're kind of big money events. I don't know for a fact that they do but I would imagine the NHL requires it? They did in 2008 when there were games in Prague, don't see why it would be different today

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I meeeaaan, I can, they're kind of big money events. I don't know for a fact that they do but I would imagine the NHL requires it? They did in 2008 when there were games in Prague, don't see why it would be different today
It looked like they were practicing on Olympic size, guess they could change it for the games,

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It looked like they were practicing on Olympic size, guess they could change it for the games,

I mean, could be, honestly find it weird I haven't been able to find any specific reference to whether it is or not

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yeah just fantastic scheduling overall. I don't see how that could possibly hurt the team's record at all.
honestly tho the team was gift wrapped such a light schedule and they f***ing shit the bed so hard.

Im not even going to be mad, More hockey to enjoy during ice-cold January and February.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
It is regular season games so the points are important. Ottawas both games count as home games which means matchup advantages and so on but also means we lose two normal home games at the ctc.
With the # of games the boys have lost at home, this may be a good thing.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I have some long term negative health effects as a result of heavy cannabis use for the last 7 years.
Haha oh for sure, it needs moderation like everything else, but ime, it does nothing that even approaches the havoc alcohol can have, especially if you're not smoking it. After the buzz of booze wears off, I feel like even 1 or 2 drinks now makes me feel crappy for the day until I have a good sleep.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
honestly tho the team was gift wrapped such a light schedule and they f***ing shit the bed so hard.

Im not even going to be mad, More hockey to enjoy during ice-cold January and February.
Why do you think a light schedule is a gift wrap?

Listen to what players say. The lack of a rhythm is problematic from their perspective

Reactions: swiftwin

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Haha oh for sure, it needs moderation like everything else, but ime, it does nothing that even approaches the havoc alcohol can have, especially if you're not smoking it. After the buzz of booze wears off, I feel like even 1 or 2 drinks now makes me feel crappy for the day until I have a good sleep.
Me too. I seldom drink alcohol and never do recreational drugs. I don't get high on anything, even hockey these days! :)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Listen to what players say. The lack of a rhythm is problematic from their perspective

Thats one way to look at it for sure. Another is they had relatively easy opponents with minimal back to backs and lots of rest. With a majority of their games being played at home.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

With the injuries we've gotten it probably helps a bit, but I agree the lack of rhythm likely hurts

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Thats one way to look at it for sure. Another is they had relatively easy opponents with minimal back to backs and lots of rest. With a majority of their games being played at home.
Which games were relatively easy opponents? We've played 13 games. I think 12 were against teams with playoff aspirations. What easy opponents are you referring to?

With the injuries we've gotten it probably helps a bit, but I agree the lack of rhythm likely hurts
Sure it helps with injuries but the lack of rhythm is something quite a few of the guys have mentioned

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
My Lear jet is in the shop for repair, so I won't be flying into Stockholm. Instead, I will be heading to the grocery to load up on pickled herring & knäckbrod in prep for gametime.
images.jpeg

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

They will say the opposite in january dont worry

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Captain Obvious sez: Now that Chabby is off PP1, we have heavy accurate cannons on the point. Strategic advantage not all teams possess! Imo we should start each PP by pounding a few hard shots from the point, so that will force defenders up high, and open up more plays down low.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
The first couple of months of the season are always the toughest because every team is hungry for a hot start, some are desperate to make the playoffs and most importantly, everyone still thinks they're in it.

By January, everyone knows who the contenders and pretenders are and the intensity drops a bit. Hopefully the Sens rise to the occasion and get their shit together. Their busier schedule might actually help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad