Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Leafs tonight ons SportsNet

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I hope Smith is on our PP all year :laugh:

My Favourite play of last year was down by a goal on the PP with 20 seconds left, Karlsson and Hoffman wide open on the point, and Zack Smith takes a slapshot from the point that misses by 10 ft and wraps around the boards to end the game.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Some weird decisions by Balcers, with and without the puck.

Probably just nerves and getting used to the system.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Jaros and Harpur were very solid in the 1st and had a couple of so-so shifts in the 2nd. It's easy to point fingers when they don't have a great shift but a lot has to do with the forward line they play with and also the opponents. The 2nd period is always harder on the D because of the long change they can often get caught being too long on the ice if the forwards don't get the puck deep into the O-zone and have a degree of puck possession so they can change. Maybe this is true for everyone and I notice it with this team more but it seems to be a particular issue with the Sens.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Pretty much this. People who argue we should have given up the pick last year clearly have no understanding of statistics and probabilities.

What the panel also didn't say was that giving up last year's pick and keeping next year would essentially saying to your team that you don't have any faith in them and that you're assuming that they're going to suck. Now they probably still may think that given the circumstances(!) but that's a message that no management should ever give to their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad