Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Leafs in T.O., Saturday night 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Dont go on social media if u don't want to read about a game that happened before u get a chance to watch it. Thats not on anyone else, thats on you.

I will never, ever understand the logic of people who expect the internet to go on hold for spoilers while they play catch up.

If your really that concerned about it, shut your phone off and turn off the laptop and just get your late ass home and watch the game, ya jabroni ;)

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I will never, ever understand the logic of people who expect the internet to go on hold for spoilers while they play catch up.

If your really that concerned about it, shut your phone off and turn off the laptop and just get your late ass home and watch the game, ya jabroni ;)
It's ridiculous. People expect the whole world to bend for them.

Doesn't work that way.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anderson won us the game. Spectacular rebound performance by him. Made the saves needed to steal us momentum.

Chabot wasn't the first player to ever win MVP as a defender in WJC for nothing. This guy has number 1 D ability easily, likely top 10 D material. Would have been spectacular to see him and EK.

Loved, loved, loved what I saw from Boedker, great game by him today, did all the little things right and showed great speed.

Dzingel was everywhere. Demelo and Chabot were great.

Ceci was ok for most of the game but someone watch 3rd period from 7:30 onwards. For the next 2 minutes, every puck that comes Ceci's way, he gives it up in the corner. Sometimes with someone not even pressing him. Abysmal.

Boys played like a team though.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
That Leafs D
swiss-cheese-800x800.jpg

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I gotta say I'm impressed with the team tonight! They were fun to watch and they worked hard. I was not expecting this team to do much and will rely on goaltending a hell of a lot, but they put in a good fight and held on and beat the Leafs which makes me happy!! Chabot looked great, as did Lajoie. Sure it may have been ugly at times (not as bad as I expected it to be) but a win is a win.

I've been a pretty unhappy fan these days and personally am not really thrilled with Melnyk. I don't blame fans for not putting money towards the product. Honestly I'll likely make the trek to Buffalo over Ottawa to see the team because I don't really like it but still want to show support to the players. (It also is much closer for me). But I don't blame fans for being this way. They are still fans but want the best for their team. They want their team to win. I've gotten so excited for so many players just to see them leave when they don't want to pay them. And that's frustrating. I often find myself not wanting to get too excited about young players because I know they won't stay when they want a bigger contact. It is a hard place to be for many fans, we all want to support the team and the players (minus maybe Boro and Ceci it seems) but we'd also love this trend of "get good then do a full rebuild because we can't spend $$" to stop.

Anyways, hurray for beating the Leafs... It's a good day!

you'd like this TREND to stop?

This is new ground for the franchise. full on rebuild has never happened. earlier this decade we went thru a mini rebuild or retool. last decade we came out of the lockout with a solid stable of young players and the analyst community saying we would be the team with the biggest challenge dealing with a 39M cap.

Trend?

no no no. this is new. and some here have cried for it for years.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
help refresh my memory of that game. 2 plays by Dzingel.

first one was set up by Duchene, nifty little pass to send him in alone, Dzingel goes roof and misses the net. CBC talks about great save then realize he missed the net high.

second play. Dzingel goes in all alone down the left side, takes Andersen across the ice to the right, doesn't really get a good shot off.

both those plays happened in the first right?

the first one definitely happened in the first. I thought it was the best scoring chance in the first for either team

the second one Dzingel was all alone

natural stat trick has the Sens with 0 hdcf in the first.

Wtf is that? wow. that's a bizarre view of a game

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
you'd like this TREND to stop?

This is new ground for the franchise. full on rebuild has never happened. earlier this decade we went thru a mini rebuild or retool. last decade we came out of the lockout with a solid stable of young players and the analyst community saying we would be the team with the biggest challenge dealing with a 39M cap.

Trend?

no no no. this is new. and some here have cried for it for years.

What are you talking about?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
help refresh my memory of that game. 2 plays by Dzingel.

first one was set up by Duchene, nifty little pass to send him in alone, Dzingel goes roof and misses the net. CBC talks about great save then realize he missed the net high.

second play. Dzingel goes in all alone down the left side, takes Andersen across the ice to the right, doesn't really get a good shot off.

both those plays happened in the first right?

the first one definitely happened in the first. I thought it was the best scoring chance in the first for either team

the second one Dzingel was all alone

natural stat trick has the Sens with 0 hdcf in the first.

Wtf is that? wow. that's a bizarre view of a game

I think the second chances was in the second, I missed most of the first but caught that chance. Could be wrong though.

As for why Natural stat trick categorized the chance as a regular scoring chance and not a high danger one, it's just an algorithm based on the types of events and how often they've historically scored, so sometimes what is a great chance by the eye test doesn't register because the data is incomplete. In the end, it uses the NHL's real time stats which are a bit flaky too.

Over a full season, the noise becomes less of an issue, but for a single game, there's a bit of a margin of error you have to account for.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Just happy to get that first W under their belt. Last 2 games have been positive in general. Just hoping to keep it up, the young kids are gonna need it to build the experience they'll need

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Was a great win, obviously lots that needs to be fixed, but it is what it is at this point.

Formenton wasn't noticeable all game, then out of nowhere gets a break where nobody should get a break. His speed is out of this world. I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go back and be the guy potting goals and getting all the offensive opportunities in London, but if he stays that's fine as well.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Was a great win, obviously lots that needs to be fixed, but it is what it is at this point.

Formenton wasn't noticeable all game, then out of nowhere gets a break where nobody should get a break. His speed is out of this world. I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go back and be the guy potting goals and getting all the offensive opportunities in London, but if he stays that's fine as well.
He looks alot like Dzingle did early,that speed is an obvious weapon ...But I agree he could work some on his finish

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm guessing most of fellow Habs fans share my joy at how your team disposed of Toronto last night. Congrats on the win! You guys deserve some redemption and a little payback!

I like that when both the Habs and Sens are good, we're fierce rivals, but when we're both bad, we're basically super-bros united in arms against Toronto. :laugh:

The Atlantic division is funny sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad