Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Leafs in T.O., Saturday night 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Do3sQm6W0AM2VQT.jpg
I still don’t understand why the CBC has Rick Astley conducting interviews.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I gotta say I'm impressed with the team tonight! They were fun to watch and they worked hard. I was not expecting this team to do much and will rely on goaltending a hell of a lot, but they put in a good fight and held on and beat the Leafs which makes me happy!! Chabot looked great, as did Lajoie. Sure it may have been ugly at times (not as bad as I expected it to be) but a win is a win.

I've been a pretty unhappy fan these days and personally am not really thrilled with Melnyk. I don't blame fans for not putting money towards the product. Honestly I'll likely make the trek to Buffalo over Ottawa to see the team because I don't really like it but still want to show support to the players. (It also is much closer for me). But I don't blame fans for being this way. They are still fans but want the best for their team. They want their team to win. I've gotten so excited for so many players just to see them leave when they don't want to pay them. And that's frustrating. I often find myself not wanting to get too excited about young players because I know they won't stay when they want a bigger contact. It is a hard place to be for many fans, we all want to support the team and the players (minus maybe Boro and Ceci it seems) but we'd also love this trend of "get good then do a full rebuild because we can't spend $$" to stop.

Anyways, hurray for beating the Leafs... It's a good day!

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I have no issues with people who choose to support the team despite Melnyk, poor performance, or whatever other reason some choose to stay away from games because of, but frankly fan shaming isn't going to change their minds and it will likely just create even more resentment.

Let positive people be positive and negative people be negative. Everybody here cheers for the same team,
Fair enough. Maybe I’m not going about it the right way. I just really miss the stadium being full. And it’s been 3 or 4 years now that we haven’t had a good atmosphere. I understand that some of that depends on the organization but we have had a successful team 2 years ago. So it’s hard to understand.
With that being said, I do agree with protesting Melnyk. I wish there was a way to do it at the games.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Most Leaf fans have been pretty good about how humiliating it’s been for us lately.

I’m inclined to return the favour.

I've seen some pretty nasty comments. That reminds me, make sure I show no mercy whatsoever to the Pens fanbase when their turn comes.

Reactions: Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad