GDT: Sens vs Boouins - 7 pm TSN5

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Talbot's numbers have taken a nosedive, which anybody who watched him here in Ottawa probably could have predicted.

First 17 games, .933 sv%
Last 14 games, .891 sv%

I mean, Talbot's first 17 games in Ottawa had a .916 sv%, and he ended sub 900. I don't think he'll get to sub 900 with LA, but I won't be shocked to see all Star Talbot as the backup goalie in LA by the end of the season....
I haven't watched them recently and have done zero statistical analysis on the LA Kings but they are slumping. I found this discussion on it. I found it interesting given that they have a ton of veteran leadership and just on the surface seem to have similar problems the Sens were having in their most recent low period. There was some chatter about the lack of veteran leadership was there not? Angeles Analysis - Change - LA Kings Insider
There are likely some similar issues and some different issues. Getting out of it is hard.

Has Talbot's play dropped off as much as his numbers reflect?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I haven't watched them recently and have done zero statistical analysis on the LA Kings but they are slumping. I found this discussion on it. I found it interesting given that they have a ton of veteran leadership and just on the surface seem to have similar problems the Sens were having in their most recent low period. There was some chatter about the lack of veteran leadership was there not? Angeles Analysis - Change - LA Kings Insider
There are likely some similar issues and some different issues. Getting out of it is hard.

Has Talbot's play dropped off as much as his numbers reflect?
I can't say I've watched enough both before and after the slump started to be able to answer that, I did hear a lot of criticism of his play early in the slump, and in general I've just always found him to be streaky. In the limited viewings I had early in the season, I never came away thinking he was stealing games either, but take that with a grain of salt as it's maybe four games worth of views one of which being against Ottawa

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Talbot and the Gus bus both seem to have fallen off. Other than Daccord who still has good goalie numbers, the early season narrative of goalies leaving here and then becoming good doesnt seem to be standing up any longer. They started well and are finishing bad. Also a non Sens trait lately

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Talbot and the Gus bus both seem to have fallen off. Other than Daccord who still has good goalie numbers, the early season narrative of goalies leaving here and then becoming good doesnt seem to be standing up any longer. They started well and are finishing bad. Also a non Sens trait lately
Yeah I think the problem is less about giving up good ones too early, and more about finding better ones to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad