Pre-Game Talk: SENS strike down Tampa, Thurs, 7:30 pm on TSN

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, it's another loss. But it's not like we need to win every single game for the rest of the season to make the playoffs. No point in getting depressed about getting one point against the best team in the league.
Cool. We got a point. A got 0 points way too many other times.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1318896743_towel.jpg

Reactions: Alex1234

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We are visually bad.

I’ve said it before, but how do you expect to win with this blueline? It’s awful. Bad goaltending this year hasn’t helped either.
Over thought about this. Bouchers system seems to be a system that would thrive with d men that could skate turn and go and move the puck. And so few can?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
What would be disturbing for me if some of these offensive guys start to put up personal points when the pressure is off after they hit bottom and it's too late to save the season.

btw) They were showing a replay earlier that Duchene might have tipped the puck on the EK goal. Did Duchene get credit or is it still EK's.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We are visually bad.

I’ve said it before, but how do you expect to win with this blueline? It’s awful. Bad goaltending this year hasn’t helped either.

Our system in the Dzone has to be revamped...
Too passive... too much room for the points... no concept of coverage in front of the net... how many times have we seen players watch the puck and not actually focus on covering a man

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What the hell are you talking about, Ryan has been poor this year due to injury.
You don’t have a clue about the sens dude

And as a consequence of said injury (that I openly acknowledged in the post) he gets little to nothing accomplished because he's hampered by it. He's sometimes getting frustrated and sometimes players need to heal up as well as cool off. In a season like this what do the Senators have to lose by making sure Ryan is at 100% and feeling good about the way he plays? Duchene has hit the wall and in a long season, sometimes that happens. Letting him play it out has not proven to be effective. So maybe try something different? I'm really not sure where the disconnect is.

I know plenty of Ryan's ordeal. I watched Tyler Johnson's wrist injury effectively cost us a Stanley Cup and then I watched him struggle through an entire season with the lingering effects.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
What would be disturbing for me if some of these offensive guys start to put up personal points when the pressure if off after they hit bottom and it's too late to save the season.

btw) They were showing a replay earlier that Duchene might have tipped the puck on the EK goal. Did Duchene get credit or is it still EK's.
They gave it to Brassard unless they changed it again

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
How does Boucher think EK had a great game when he was terrible on those two goals against he was on the ice for?

It's maddening listening to this guy talk after games. He sounds like the love-child of Swiftwin and FormenttheFuture.

Reactions: Boud and Tundraman

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So. Ceci led skaters 33 minutes. Shots were 35-10 tampa in that time. And I don't think kucherov and stamkos played 33 minutes. What do people think about that. I mean that as a question. NOT a statement.

I think our d is a problem. They're second to pucks because for the most part their feet get them into problem. And then when on the puck they can complete passes. My own theory. Could be wrong. But there's zero transition

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
What would be disturbing for me if some of these offensive guys start to put up personal points when the pressure is off after they hit bottom and it's too late to save the season.

They gave it to Brassard i think.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
How does Boucher think EK had a great game when he was terrible on those two goals against he was on the ice for?

It's maddening listening to this guy talk after games. He sounds like the love-child of Swiftwin and FormenttheFuture.

I've honestly had a suspicion forever that swiftwin is actually Pierre from Orleans.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Our system in the Dzone has to be revamped...
Too passive... too much room for the points... no concept of coverage in front of the net... how many times have we seen players watch the puck and not actually focus on covering a man

It won't change as long as Boucher is the team's coach. He only knows how to coach one way, and if it doesn't work or the personnel he has just isn't suited for it well, tough luck.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Low corsi is obviously good - the fewer shots you take the better your chances of winning. Corsi needs to be as close to zero as possible.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

No comment but that made me laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad