Pre-Game Talk: Sens: Slide for five or slump break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nynja*

Well Condon letting in 3 goals a game hasnt helped...but "it takes 3 goals to win a hockey game", and we havent been scoring 3 goals. If we meet the quota of 3, then we atleast get a point in those games we've lost.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well Condon letting in 3 goals a game hasnt helped...but "it takes 3 goals to win a hockey game", and we havent been scoring 3 goals. If we meet the quota of 3, then we atleast get a point in those games we've lost.

Yeah,
loser points in three of those games would have been huge...

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We are a better team with Price but Condon isn't the reason were losing, it's the lack of goal scoring. I think the injuries up front are hurting us more right now.
We're still second in GF, and you want more goals?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm not so sure about that, but I really hope so! I'm going to the game tonight :)

Owned them in the playoffs. In the regular season played Tokarski against them twice because they're not considered a major threat. I know Sens fans make a lot of noise if their team wins a game, but they're mid-pack at best.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Obviously he means a rebound from the last week's slumping offence and weak-goals allowed. Nothing unusual about a slump, but tonight would be a nice time to come out of it.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Detroit only 3 points back, Sens are 6 points back with a game in hand (could be 4 if they beat MTL tonight). Bruins have 3 games in hand and 8 points back.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I think Carr should get a little more love here. He plays a very similar game to gallys. Drives the net hard and looks to hit the biggest player along the boards. Kid has heart. I would keep him with Flash and DD. I'd also give Hudon a shot in the top 6

Patches Pleks Weise
Eller Chuckie Hudon
Flash DD Carr
Byron Flynn Ghetto

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Big time slide. There,s just no way we win against the Sens. Might even be real bad. Not there tonight to suffer....I'll let you guys deal with that. Pretty sure I'll be missing one of the most entertaining GDT though....have fun. :D

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I think Carr should get a little more love here. He plays a very similar game to gallys. Drives the net hard and looks to hit the biggest player along the boards. Kid has heart. I would keep him with Flash and DD. I'd also give Hudon a shot in the top 6

Patches Pleks Weise
Eller Chuckie Hudon
Flash DD Carr
Byron Flynn Ghetto

Yeah, Carr has a great attitude. You can see him trying hard to be a ****-disturber. I like him and agree he should get time. My only concern is that he, Hudon and Ghetto are still very raw. They're good, but not talented enough to compensate for normal rookie mistakes. Having so many underdeveloped players mixed into the system at the same time scares me. We're playing with fire.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Big time slide. There,s just no way we win against the Sens. Might even be real bad. Not there tonight to suffer....I'll let you guys deal with that. Pretty sure I'll be missing one of the most entertaining GDT though....have fun. :D

Reverse-jinx noted and appreciated.

My wife and I won't do our normal sports-bar dinner because she can't being trapped in a restaurant if Habs mess up again. The last few games really demoralized her -- she sounds like half the people on our board!

Davebo*

Do we want more goals? :laugh:

**** yes! :rant:

What a daft question. Our goal scoring stat isn't helping us win many games lately, so absolutely we want goals. JHC... :shakehead

Davebo*

Patches Pleks Weise
Eller Chuckie Hudon
Flash DD Carr
Byron Flynn Ghetto

You make a good point about Carr, although we haven't seen much of him to know how apt that comparison is. But I'd reconstruct the lines to what they were before Gally went down (as best they can be), and drop Carr in Gally's spot.

See if some of that goal scoring magic can be rekindled.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What's the point of calling-up McCarron to play him on the fourth line?

This is what I would do:
Patch - Chucky- Ghetto
Eller - Pleks - McCarron
Flash - DD - Weise
Hudon/Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Because our coach is Mike Therrien and he starts every rookie on the 4th line. Plus, it looks like McCarron plays better as a centre than a wing, so leaving him in his best position is ideal when playing him in his few games in the NHL.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
He doesn't need to panic.

I'm concerned about Pacioretty/Subban's play this year, and I'm concerned with how MT is handling his line up since the injuries have mounted.

I remember last year I was done with Pacioretty early on in the season and he had a great second half.

But ya, considering he has the 'C' and his effort level seems to be in and around 75% on any given night is troublesome.

I thought Gallagher should have got the 'C', then Subban. But player vote is a player vote.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I remember last year I was done with Pacioretty early on in the season and he had a great second half.

But ya, considering he has the 'C' and his effort level seems to be in and around 75% on any given night is troublesome.

I thought Gallagher should have got the 'C', then Subban. But player vote is a player vote.

Gallagher is the real heart beat of this team, his work ethic and drive is infectious and IMO is the reason why our team has really clicked in the past.

Pacioretty goes through long spurts of what appears to be complacency in his game. It's incredibly frustrating to watch him with his physical abilities float through a lot of the games like you said. Having Gallagher on his line seems to keep him honest somewhat in that he needs to match the effort level.

I still think MB needs to pressure MT to give Hudon/Ghetto legitimate chances to fill our hole in the Top 6. These are skilled players who need to play with skilled players and given a chance to show off what they have. It might just answer our needs at the same time. They are going to make mistakes, but hell, we're losing anyways with Weise/Byron (da Vets) on the top lines so why not put the young guns there?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think Tinordi should really be in the lineup tonight.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I think Tinordi should really be in the lineup tonight.

Absolutely!

Why are we not giving this guy a chance at this point? We're losing and he still isn't getting into the line up, it's not like Emelin or Gilbert are setting the world on fire. MB really needs to slap MT on the wrist and force his hand on the roster.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Carr (I think he played RW last game)
Eller - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise
Hudon - Flynn - Byron

Carr seems to be the player who plays like Gallagher the most...that line was ripping it up before his injury. Enough musical chairs, put lines back to how it was when the team was winning and put in the callups as stop gaps for the injured guys.

We are a better team with Price but Condon isn't the reason were losing, it's the lack of goal scoring. I think the injuries up front are hurting us more right now.

Condon letting in 3 or more goals in 8 of his last 10 starts. Habs offense isn't good right now with Pacioretty/Plekanec/Subban slumping but they're still getting 2 goals/game on this bad stretch. With Price who led NHL by wide margin IIRC for opposition to 1 goal or less they likely win a few of those games.

5 in a row means it gets ugly in here.

Bergevin won't panic.

Considering no GM in the NHL did anything yet regardless of their team's play it's not really a surprise.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Change this thread to GDT

Hey, just checked the GDT sched. No one is scheduled to do the game tonight. :laugh:

Change this thread to GDT and please put in the title: Sens 1 Habs 0. :nod:

Because you know that little **** er Pageau is going to score. :popcorn:

We're already down a goal.

We should have a poll or 50/50 draw based on when you think he's going to score and how. You know, 2nd period, shorthand breakaway off a blocked shot at the point. :D Time 8:01. :laugh:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Paul Byron

Lars Eller-Alex Galchenyuk - Dale Weise

Tomas Fleischmann - David Desharnais - Daniel Carr

Charles Hudon - Brian Flynn - Sven Andrighetto

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban

Alexei Emelin - Jeff Petry

Nathan Beaulieu - Tom Gilbert