Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Greening to 3 year extension (AAV 2.65/year)

The Fuhr*

I don't view Greening as easily replaceable... He's a guy that makes us tougher to play against.

How many prospects do we have that can play anywhere in the top nine, collect 30-40 points and bring a great physical game 150+ hits a season... Especially on LW

Defiantly see a ton more value in Greening then you do... I'm happy the team was able to extend him.

His raise next year will be off set somewhere else... Likely Michalek salary pay cut

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don't view Greening as easily replaceable... He's a guy that makes us tougher to play against.

How many prospects do we have that can play anywhere in the top nine, collect 30-40 points and bring a great physical game 150+ hits a season... Especially on LW

Defiantly see a ton more value in Greening then you do... I'm happy the team was able to extend him.

His raise next year will be off set somewhere else... Likely Michalek salary pay cut

Obviously you have a completely different view of Greening. I don't think you have a great read on this player if you think he makes us tough to play against. He is generally very soft and unwilling to engage physically. Guys like Pageau and Conacher make him look small in comparison. If he ever does develop a physical edge, he will be worth his contract but I think it's obvious he's a pacifist by mature. He never wanted to be a hockey player. He wanted to help people heal their wounds, not inflict them.

The Fuhr*

Greening Hits
12/13 47GP 122Hits
11/12 82GP 189Hits

He always finishes his checks

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Greening Hits
12/13 47GP 122Hits
11/12 82GP 189Hits

He always finishes his checks

You and I both know those are terrible stats that mean very little. My biggest complaint is that he never finishes his checks. As in he rarely, if ever puts a guy on his ass. He may bump into a lot of people but he's most certainly not out there laying guys out, which is a shame because he could if he wanted to.

Edit: Kulemin and Franson had the same amount of hits last year. I'd bet Leafs fans have the same complaints about those guys as I have for Greening. Brian Boyle had 145 in 9 less games than CG. You remember him? Who's he intimidating and punishing?

Last edited:

Berserker*

You and I both know those are terrible stats that mean very little. My biggest complaint is that he never finishes his checks. As in he rarely, if ever puts a guy on his ass. He may bump into a lot of people but he's most certainly not out there laying guys out, which is a shame because he could if he wanted to.

He was playing with an edge in the scrimmage today. Overall he was laying to body fairly hard and rattled the boards a few times with his hits. Hopefully this was an indication that he is finally developing the mean streak that will make him a very effective player in the league.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

You don't usually lay guys out by finishing checks.

You lay guys out with open ice hits.

Is that what you're talking about?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I agree with you. :handclap:

Edit: Kulemin and Franson had the same amount of hits last year. I'd bet Leafs fans have the same complaints about those guys as I have for Greening. Brian Boyle had 145 in 9 less games than CG. You remember him? Who's he intimidating and punishing?

You mean other than Karlsson? I don't remember anyone on the Sens go after Boyle until PM put Carkner into the lineup in the next game. I too wish that CG was much more consistent & played with more of an edge like he did against Pitt but there are a few other players on this team I wish that for as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad