Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Chris Kelly (1 yr $900,000)

yoplait

May 4, 2011
They got me so excited with he "Sens news coming up" and then it was Kelly and not Hoff or Ceci. Ugh.
Either way, I don't mind this deal. He should help the PK and bring leadership.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Meh, shores up the 4th line centre spot until one of the younger guys proves they're a regular. I'm okay with it.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Well that blows. Would rather Paul and some intriguing winger with potential.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Depth is always good.

We've seen it this year with all of the injuries we had, and it's been like that for the past couple seasons too.

Good signing.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
good depth signing.

4th line center who's going to have a good role on the PK. Good leader too. Didn't he had an A in Boston when injured occured?

I think, it means that Lazar is going to play the 3 RW spot. Probably Dzingle-Puemple or Paul playing 4 LW spot with Neil being the 4 RW. If those 3 players can play the right side, maybe Neil would be 13th forward which i doubt he would be, on opening night.

Well that blows. Would rather Paul.
I think they see paul as a LW, rather than C in the future. Doesn't mean he can't be a C next year, if they fell like it.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Not going to complain about this, can take up some PK minutes and play on the fourth line, as much as I love Paul another year of development wont hurt him.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I like this. Kelly is gonna huge for the young players and this means he's probably going to retire a Sen and join management.

Happy face for sure.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Will love seeing Kelly in a Sens Jersey again. Should be decent as the 4th line center.

If this signing results in Paul spending more time in Binghamton instead of being rushed to the league, it's a huge win no matter how Kelly plays for us.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Well, it's hard not to smile having Kelly return.

Hope he can still do the things Dorion listed. It would make the team a bit better.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Great news ,he can teach the kids on how to actually play defense as a forward:handclap:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I think it may mean Lazar will be playing RW next year as well! (unless PD signs someone else)

Smith-Pageau-Lazar
Pyatt-Kelly-Dzingel
Puempel, Neil, Paul

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Last time Kelly was in Ottawa, I didn't appreciate his play style. Since then, I really learned to love what a player like Condra brought to the table. Excited to be able to cheer for Kelly more sincerely now that I'm able to better understand his role on the team.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
This is going to be Kelly's first season since the leg being broken right? Going to be interesting to see how it goes.

I think this will definitely help the PK.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This is going to be Kelly's first season since the leg being broken right? Going to be interesting to see how it goes.

I think this will definitely help the PK.
Yeah i think his offensive game...or what little he used to have may never be there .But he is a smart player that can play a very high level defensive game

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
OMG. Who called this before ??? :laugh:

Could be good for our PK and a good vet!

I think a lot of people did, he's a versatile cheap vet centre, who is a leader, and still lives and trains in Ottawa in the offseason. Bryan Murray even stated awhile back that trading him in 2011 was one of the toughest decisions he's ever had to make as a GM.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Kelly is nowhere near his level from a few years ago and he's got zero value at trade deadline.
Well at least it's not some goon, so that's a positive.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I aprove.

Fun fact: we traded Kelly for a 2nd round pick which became Shane Prince. Then traded Prince with a 7th for a 3rd this year. That third was used to secure Logan Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $185.00