Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Sabres Oct. 9th (in Korea, 8th here in NA) - HOCKEY IS BACK!!! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
The info in that article seems outdated, as it says he was not on the ice "hier matin", which could mean it's talking about yesterday's practice since Mac DID practice THIS morning.

It also says they're still not clear on whether it's a concussion or not, but this was addressed by Clarke himself today and he said he does not have one, and feels pretty good.

Looks like you're right...

I always thought St-Laurent did a poor job at covering the Sens, he seems to always bring a negative/pessimist twist to things. Probably another Habs fan covering the Sens because he didn't have a choice.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Here are some practice lines i think:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 3h3 hours ago
Hoffman-Turris-Stone, Ryan-Zibanejad-Lazar, Michalek-Pageau-Chiasson and Puempel-Smith-Neil. MacArthur and Prince extra. #Sens

Methot-Karlsson, Wiercioch-Ceci and Borowiecki-Cowen. #Sens

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Looks like you're right...

I always thought St-Laurent did a poor job at covering the Sens, he seems to always bring a negative/pessimist twist to things. Probably another Habs fan covering the Sens because he didn't have a choice.

It's a bit weird. His articles are usually allright and written as if the sens were his favorite team but when he talks about the sens to RDS and other Montreal medias he seems to put the sens down. Maybe you are right.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Prince better be dressed come Thursday. Kid was probably our best forward (not named Stone) in the preseason.

To have Puempel, a guy who showed nothing in the preseason, starting in the lineup over him would be a mistake. Hopefully the organization's bias for Puempel over Prince doesn't cloud their judgement - Prince is the better player right now and deserves to play.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Prince better be dressed come Thursday. Kid was probably our best forward (not named Stone) in the preseason.

To have Puempel, a guy who showed nothing in the preseason, starting in the lineup over him would be a mistake. Hopefully the organization's bias for Puempel over Prince doesn't cloud their judgement - Prince is the better player right now and deserves to play.

I'm bigger on Puempel than Prince, but Prince won a spot in the starting lineup. Especially in his hometown.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Michalek-Pageau-Chiasson and Puempel-Smith-Neil.

These are pretty mediocre IMO.

Not enough energy for Pageau to work with, and what is Puempel going to do with Smith and Neil?

Hopefully Mac draws back in.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Agreed, Prince seems hungry for the action and was outstanding in pre-season imo

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Not enough energy for Pageau to work with, and what is Puempel going to do with Smith and Neil?

Would like to see Puempel-Pageau-Prince (if possible) and Michalek-Smith-Chiasson as the 4th line.

Neil, at this point, should be the extra forward.

Time to see if Cameron actually goes with "best players play" or that was just lip service assisted by Smith and Neil being injured and a super hot streak by the Sens.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Here are some practice lines i think:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone, Ryan-Zibanejad-Lazar, Michalek-Pageau-Chiasson and Puempel-Smith-Neil. MacArthur and Prince extra. #Sens

Methot-Karlsson, Wiercioch-Ceci and Borowiecki-Cowen. #Sens

Damn. Prince and Wideman should be in. Not sure what Puempel and Boro have done to deserve the starting nods.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Would like to see Puempel-Pageau-Prince (if possible) and Michalek-Smith-Chiasson as the 4th line.

I really like that line but realistically would have to be the 4th to start and see how they stack up as pure rookies.

Chiasson may surprise this year...he seemed noticeably quicker and I was surprised at his top shelf wrister in the pre-season. I think he is going to be a good 3rd liner but would make a great 4th liner if we can get to that stage.

No way Puempel should start over Prince, especially in his home town. The organization has to realize they are so close anyway that having him in the line-up is just the right thing to do. The Puempel/Prince decision won't be game changing but it could provide some negative vibes down the line.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Actually thinking about the lineup for a minute I think the JGP line will outperform the Zib line in the first game, as crazy as it sounds.

I think JGP will bring out the best in Chiasson and Michalek. While Zib and Ryan will bring down any potential impact Lazar might have. They've had such a lackluster camp that I don't have my hopes up that they will contribute much at the beginning of the season. Of course I'll be happy to be wrong.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Actually thinking about the lineup for a minute I think the JGP line will outperform the Zib line in the first game, as crazy as it sounds.

I think JGP will bring out the best in Chiasson and Michalek. While Zib and Ryan will bring down any potential impact Lazar might have. They've had such a lackluster camp that I don't have my hopes up that they will contribute much at the beginning of the season. Of course I'll be happy to be wrong.

I think Michalek has been decent in camp and pre-season.

As for Chiasson, considering what he went through in the off-season, you'd think he'd have a lot to prove. So far I haven't noticed.

We'll find out tomorrow.

I agree that both Z and Ryan have been underwhelming thus far, and yet Ryan still managed to score a couple goals. I'll take goals even if it comes with some underwhelming play.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Hah. So much for that.

So the question is, does Prince just slot in for Puemps or do we see Mac, bumping Prince out while Chiasson and Neil stay in.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Hah. So much for that.

So the question is, does Prince just slot in for Puemps or do we see Mac, bumping Prince out while Chiasson and Neil stay in.
Yeah, I wonder if Puempel being sent down means Mac is ready to go.

My lines:

Mac - Turris - Stone
Hoff - Ziba - Ryan
Prince - Pageau - Michalek
Lazar - Smith - Chiasson
Neil

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

Time to see if Cameron actually goes with "best players play" or that was just lip service assisted by Smith and Neil being injured and a super hot streak by the Sens.

With Puempel gone now:

Hoff-Turris-Stone
Ryan-Zib-Lazar
Mac-Pageau-Prince
Milo-Smith-Neil

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I like the idea of spreading the scoring, spread the size, spread the speed & spread a little offence with defence on each line. I assume both Prince & Wideman eventually fit into the lineup everyday if they can transition their AHL games to the NHL which they seem to be doing so far in preseason.

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Pageau - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Lazar
Prince - Z. Smith - Chiasson/Neil - these two will probably split the 4th line RW job.

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen/Boro - Wideman - Cowen & Boro will probably split the 3rd pairing LD job.

Anderson - Hammond/O'Connor - we could see O'Connor in Ottawa a lot this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad